Re: ADX DMI Indicators for MT4

Jimmy wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 10:52 pm Shit mate, that's a decent find. Those signals can definitely be used as a very early heads up of trend changes.

Looking at the setups, let's strip things back a bit by just using the TDI Red & Green. TDI Red & Green lines both cross the ADXm gives us early warning of a trend change.

• Both TDI Red & Green crosses over the ADXm it's an early signal of a Buy
  • Both TDI Red & Green crosses under the ADXm it's an early signal of a Sell

Here's a template. This combination seems to work better on lower timeframes (1 hour and lower), too.
Higher timeframes signal way too early and huge drawdown can be seen, but using it on the smaller timeframes gets you in early :thumbup:

According to this signal below, it looks like there will be a short-term reversal to the downside on AUDUSD soon. Let's see how it goes.
Yes, you were right about the short-term reversal to the downside on AUDUSD H1...

MagnifyRe: ADX DMI Indicators for MT4

Reverent wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 12:02 am Yes, you were right about the short-term reversal to the downside on AUDUSD H1...
Not bad eh? How are you finding this ADXm + TDI combo? Do you think it works better on the intraday timeframes (1 hour and below)?

We might be onto something here :)
These users thanked the author Jimmy for the post (total 2):
newbie4ever, Jedidiah
Are you looking for a Forex broker? FBS cuts spreads by up to 58%. Click here to begin your trading journey, today.
No commissions are earned by Forex-station.

Guide to the "All Averages" Filters (ADXvma, Laguerre etc.) 🆕
Use Fibonacci numbers for indicator settings + How to draw Fibonacci Extensions
An easy trick for drawing Support & Resistance

Jimmy wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 12:37 am Not bad eh? How are you finding this ADXm + TDI combo? Do you think it works better on the intraday timeframes (1 hour and below)?

We might be onto something here :)
I'm trying it out on my real account on the M15 timeframe. We'll see how it goes before the week ends. You guys are freaking awesome...
These users thanked the author Reverent for the post:
Jimmy

Reverent wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 5:39 am I'm trying it out on my real account on the M15 timeframe. We'll see how it goes before the week ends. You guys are freaking awesome...
AUDUSD is still heading south! Hope you've been taking profit mate.
These users thanked the author Jimmy for the post:
moey_dw
Are you looking for a Forex broker? FBS cuts spreads by up to 58%. Click here to begin your trading journey, today.
No commissions are earned by Forex-station.

Guide to the "All Averages" Filters (ADXvma, Laguerre etc.) 🆕
Use Fibonacci numbers for indicator settings + How to draw Fibonacci Extensions
An easy trick for drawing Support & Resistance

Jimmy wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 10:52 pm Shit mate, that's a decent find.
I asked about this 2 months ago! I guess I put it in the wrong group. Haha.

Can you please explain at what point the crosses occur? The picture seems to show a fuzzy ADXm so I can't tell when the crosses are happening. Also, the picture seems to miss a trades. Are the TDI and ADX settings available to change? Also, can you add Bollinger Bands to the indicator based on the TDI?

Thanks!

Hello Guys!

I looking for a DMI indicator which do the following:

Gives me arrow UP when green is above the red and the ADX go higher then level 25 for xample.
Gives me arrow Down When red is above the green and the ADX has passed the level 25.

or the ADX line change colour when sell or buy. I need to make difference between them.
Do you have ide a bout it. Please look th epicture.

Thanks inadvance.
Attachments
These users thanked the author normannasty for the post:
andrei-1

normannasty wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 12:32 am Hello Guys!

I looking for a DMI indicator which do the following:

Gives me arrow UP when green is above the red and the ADX go higher then level 25 for xample.
Gives me arrow Down When red is above the green and the ADX has passed the level 25.

or the ADX line change colour when sell or buy. I need to make difference between them.
Do you have ide a bout it. Please look th epicture.

Thanks inadvance.
There is something similar here Adx indicators

normannasty wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 4:48 am Wow! Thats what I need thanks.
Its almost what I look for but please look the picture. On the original ADX between the 2 red line goes below the desired level 25 now. But the wilders DMI still showing that its a sell. the best should be if its not show anything or show a neutral colour like grey for example. The normal adx changes earlier and more often than the wilders. I think this is because the smooth. If I set the smooth to 0 or 1 its still smoother.
Are they corrigable with the settings?
Attachments