Re: Volatility Indicators for MT4

whiplashtm wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 6:57 am Very cool and unique indicator! Thank you so much mrtools.

But as you can see if we add a MA (in this case LWMA) to the indicator (top window) it smooths out the jaggedness of the indicator. I believe the added MA is following the blue line in the original indicator (like a signal line).

If you added a signal line to be used instead of the original line, couldn't we add different MA calculations for the signal line? Like OMA/Jurik or any other type of MA (or even smoothing?). It wouldn't add smoothness to the overall indicator (only to the signal line) but would generally give smoothness and different MA versions to the indicator.. But my coding knownledge is very limited - so what do I know, lol!

Edit: Also isn't it possible to add different MA's to the experimental smoothing you allready added? Appreciate all you work!
Buddy, maybe you will post your template with the settings as on your screen.
I tried to configure it does not work)))
Who knows others is wise
Who knows himself is enlightened

Published on codebase and also sharing it here. A very simple code but shows valuable information about the direction of volatility and volume.

Darks wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 7:30 pm Published on codebase and also sharing it here. A very simple code but shows valuable information about the direction of volatility and volume.
Very cool volatility indicator Darks, thanks for also posting it here.

I'm using two instances of the indicator in one subwindow to display the (background) line above the histogram :thumbup:
Attachments
These users thanked the author Jimmy for the post (total 3):
optionhk, Darks, ft
Are you looking for a Forex broker? FBS cuts spreads by up to 58%. Click here to begin your trading journey, today.
No commissions are earned by Forex-station.

Guide to the "All Averages" Filters (ADXvma, Laguerre etc.) 🆕
Use Fibonacci numbers for indicator settings + How to draw Fibonacci Extensions
An easy trick for drawing Support & Resistance

LikeRe: Volatility Indicators for MT4

Darks wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 7:30 pm Published on codebase and also sharing it here. A very simple code but shows valuable information about the direction of volatility and volume.
An excellent indicator for retirees, pensioners, and housewives whom I run a non-profit social project that teaches free of cost commonsense trading on how to have passive income by trading on MT5 futures and hedged by buying of futures options.

Common sense trading that I teach does not involve any kind of news analysis, technical study, fundamental study.

Only requirement is to mark down all News events (without studying them as funadmental traders do) to avoid trading but not watching charts for price action and how auction market makers release and dry liquidity in the market using the news events as triggers.

If there are four events involving a symbol, they are told to just watch the kind of liquidity plays (volumes delta can easily show that) are triggered in just a couple of minutes or hours, Price action goes into trend, retracement, reversal, or consolidation. All happening on the same day because the market makers are using them as triggers to reprice or balance so that the auctions can be conducted in an orderly manner.
This indicator adds a dimension of direction, though if any coder can add an option to show to ADR envelope that will be excellent.

I have taught my students that Prices can not go up infinitely because the exchange has put up circuit brakers.
Also, the market makers are appointed by the exchanges after collecting hefty amount of bonds to keep the markets orderly.
Market makers from time to time become active to ensure the market does not go wild.

The tools they use are to reprice from time to time, what we call seasonal or quarter/year/six months adjustments. This can be predicted by only the insiders who programme their robots.

So I don't teach anything to predict in future and just trade for a day and focus on finding the Exhaustion Points on buy and sell sides. Xard uses Semafore quite effectively but because of repainting quality, elders get scared. So I only focus on volume.

ADR is excellent.

May I request any coder to just include ADR bands with coefficient so that the elderly can identify exhaustion points according to their own personality by using multiplying factor as their trigger point for entry. This way they won't feel lost and don't mind taking risks at the extreme levesl.

They are told to trade for less loss and more profits by constant practice with a discipline.

ADR makes them disciplined.
These users thanked the author optionhk for the post (total 4):
Jimmy, ChuChu Rocket, chris006, Jedidiah

Hi,

These indicators display hourly volatility statistics for currency pairs which some may find useful.
Attachments
These users thanked the author PanicTrader for the post (total 7):
talaate, Jimmy, ChuChu Rocket, optionhk, chris006, pipsquirrel, Jedidiah

optionhk wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 3:13 pm
An excellent indicator for retirees, pensioners, and housewives whom I run a non-profit social project that teaches free of cost commonsense trading on how to have passive income by trading on MT5 futures and hedged by buying of futures options...
Added bands with a choice of atr or average range.

IdeaRe: Volatility Indicators for MT4

optionhk wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 3:13 pm An excellent indicator for retirees, pensioners, and housewives whom I run a non-profit social project that teaches free of cost commonsense trading on how to have passive income by trading on MT5 futures and hedged by buying of futures options.
Great write up and information in this post. Really beneficial for those looking at why and how to use this interesting tool.

Appreciate the time taken to explain and share your experiences with Dark's Directional volatility & volume indicator :thumbup:
These users thanked the author ChuChu Rocket for the post:
chris006
Important: The worst forex brokers of all time 👎