Re: Volatility Indicators for MT4

Rabi wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 4:22 am Hi Guys
This indicator does not seem to update when using the a lower timeframe on a higher time frame which i think is a brilliant idea,
Indicator set for 5min on a 15min chart.
For using mtf, the indicator is made to work the other way, higher timeframe indicator on a lower timeframe chart.

mrtools wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 6:43 am For using mtf, the indicator is made to work the other way, higher timeframe indicator on a lower timeframe chart.
That is what I always assumed but Jimmy in his download page and I quote " Mrtools's latest coding feat is the new Kaufman Directional Volatility (Efficiency Ratio) indicator. This non-repainting code includes AHTF MTF + Alerts + Arrows & the hidden ability to display smaller timeframe MTF on higher timeframe charts."

LikeRe: Volatility Indicators for MT4

Rabi wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 11:42 am That is what I always assumed but Jimmy in his download page and I quote " Mrtools's latest coding feat is the new Kaufman Directional Volatility (Efficiency Ratio) indicator. This non-repainting code includes AHTF MTF + Alerts + Arrows & the hidden ability to display smaller timeframe MTF on higher timeframe charts."
Yes, this indicator also features the ability to display lower timeframe on higher timeframe charts.

Not many indicators are available like this, but there are a few on Forex-station released by Mrtools. These special type of MTF indicators can really help when trying to pin point your higher timeframe entries, just like the the Higher Lower MTF Ichimoku Kumo Cloud Mrtools made :thumbup:
Important: The worst forex brokers of all time 👎

mrtools wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 12:57 pm This is a directional kaufman volatility (efficiency ratio) histogram indicator with an added moving average signal line.
Hello MrTools,

'directional kaufman volatility' indicator fades in elapsed time which causes wrong view and buffer values.

Here I attach two view of the directional kaufman volatility indicator on same chart. Below one was attached much more later.

I also used 'Buffer Explorer' indicator under the 'directional kaufman volatility' to display buffer 8 values of the indicators. There is a big difference for both the view and the buffer values.

Everything (view and the buffer values) go back to normal after refresh.

Can you please check?

Regards.
Attachments

PanicTrader wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 8:32 pm Hello MrTools,

'directional kaufman volatility' indicator fades in elapsed time which causes wrong view and buffer values.

Here I attach two view of the directional kaufman volatility indicator on same chart. Below one was attached much more later.

I also used 'Buffer Explorer' indicator under the 'directional kaufman volatility' to display buffer 8 values of the indicators. There is a big difference for both the view and the buffer values.

Can you please check?

Regards.
Yes checked it, and it looked like on every pair it was running out of gas on the right hand side of the chart, think I fixed it in this version.
These users thanked the author mrtools for the post (total 3):
PanicTrader, alexm, pipsquirrel

PanicTrader wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 8:32 pm Hello MrTools,

Can you please check?

Regards.
How do you use this indicator for analysis or trading?