Re: TMA - Triangular Moving Average indicators MT4

uradello wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:07 am Sorry Mladen , I find you indicator TMA+CG mladen.mq4 at this link
can you traslate it in mq5?
thank you very much...it is very important to me in order to create an ea
I saw a very interesting "pattern" on TMA mtf
Link removed. Please follow the site's rules.
Are you looking for a Forex broker? FBS cuts spreads by up to 58%. Click here to begin your trading journey, today.
No commissions are earned by Forex-station.

Guide to the "All Averages" Filters (ADXvma, Laguerre etc.) 🆕
Use Fibonacci numbers for indicator settings + How to draw Fibonacci Extensions
An easy trick for drawing Support & Resistance

Re: TMA - Triangular Moving Average indicators MT4

Posting a new CenteredTMA version by Mladen.

Description:-

Quite a few years ago, i was asked to check the ideas explained in the Brian Millard's "Channels & Cycles: A Tribute to J. M. Hurst" book about, what turned out to be, a centered Triangular Moving Average (Centered TMA), and when I did so and wrote the Centered TMA, as if the whole hell broke through and ever since I am forced to tell that I have regretted that I have ever made that indicator

--------------------

About "centering" as defined by Brian Millard and J.M.Hurst :
the data is shifted by half a period to the past in order to fit the data the best possible to values
that leaves a "gap" at the most current half period bars, and that part must be added using some kind of extrapolation
TMA calculation has a structure that is suitable to use one specific way to extrapolate (not described anywhere else since it is used only in the centered TMA)
as any other extrapolations, that extrapolation is not 100% accurate either
extrapolations are attempt to "predict" the future, and since we all (I hope) know by now that it is impossible with 100% accuracy, that "prediction" will be changed as the new data is coming in
and that is not repainting - that is simple recalculation (since the extrapolation can not be done differently) - not going to repeat the usual mantra what repainting is but :
repainting is a coding error (no coding error in the above)
repainting is a deliberate misleading of people that think that there is a holly grail in order to sell the "wonder" as a final solution (and, I for one, had been repeating from day one that Centered TMA will recalculate the last half period bars) so it does not repaint from that point of view either
one might even find the origin for 'wonder" when one guy took the indicator from then existing forex TSD elite section and promoted it as a wonder system on this same forum, but then, that is a matter of history I guess
------------

About some versions floating around :

apart from the above stuff mentioned, some are still using stuff that was messed up or created years and years ago
for the sake of (my mind) I have made this version that calculates centered TMA with asymmetric bands and checks the execution time (in microseconds, not milliseconds)
average execution time on a new tick (including the recalculation - ie: not just one bar) is from 11 to 16-17 microseconds
------------

PS: not posting the source code. I am not going to fall into the same trap when they are using the code of this indicator to sell yet another "wonder" indicator by simply using the free code and changing a few simple things in it. It is fully operational, multi time frame version with only one "issue" : it will always display that text in the upper left corner - like the example.

Have a nice weekend guys - hope this clarifies the "Centered TMA wonder"
These users thanked the author Darks for the post (total 5):
Jimmy, alexm, thomdel, 太虚一毫, Jedidiah

LikeRe: TMA - Triangular Moving Average indicators MT4

Darks wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 11:29 pm Posting a new CenteredTMA version by Mladen.
Brother Darks, this is a nice experiment, indeed. And luckily for us you're always the first on the scene with updates. Good on you for posting them here and thank you :)
Are you looking for a Forex broker? FBS cuts spreads by up to 58%. Click here to begin your trading journey, today.
No commissions are earned by Forex-station.

Guide to the "All Averages" Filters (ADXvma, Laguerre etc.) 🆕
Use Fibonacci numbers for indicator settings + How to draw Fibonacci Extensions
An easy trick for drawing Support & Resistance