Re: Moving Average indicators for MT4

pipsquirrel wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 2:52 pm
Hi darks
thanks for experimenting
can you enlight more,if is a kind of macd or crossing slow fast ma's so how signal effecting
It allows you to build a custom moving average based on two different type averages. Basically difference of two different averaging models (similarly like MACD) is taken and then smoothing and other filters are applied to it. An example would be if you use Periods(14,9) for Period1 & 2 respectively you will achieve an average that would behave similar to like Mladen's Super smoothed average trend. Similarly if you use Periods(5,3) you will get something like Hull MA. So this indicator is about experimenting hence the name MA's experiment.
Attachments
These users thanked the author Darks for the post (total 3):
FXSurf, Kiwi, pipsquirrel

Darks wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 7:19 pm

It allows you to build a custom moving average based on two different type averages. Basically difference of two different averaging models (similarly like MACD) is taken and then smoothing and other filters are applied to it. An example would be if you use Periods(14,9) for Period1 & 2 respectively you will achieve an average that would behave similar to like Mladen's Super smoothed average trend. Similarly if you use Periods(5,3) you will get something like Hull MA. So this indicator is about experimenting hence the name MA's experiment.
thanks for detailed explaining - a little more regarding step style displaying capability,if something you added internally in the code math because it displaying like step indicator without step parameters

mwaschkowski wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 11:57 pm

Wow, I just tested this and its working great! Thank you so much for doing this!

One thing I noticed was that sometimes small fluctuations caused nema to switch directions, would you be able to add a step to it to prevent this please?

Thanks again,

Mark
nema12.png
That could be done but it already uses a very well designed correction method by Alexander Uhl. I would recommend tweaking indicator settings to achieve the desired result.

mladen wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 4:52 am

Actually it is not using the method designed by dr. Alexander Uhl. When his original method is used, the results are different (ie: they shall be exactly the same as the mt5). Something like this :

Capture.png

But then ... who cares about that :)
Absotutely they should be. Well I need to do a much more deeper study.

Regards
These users thanked the author Darks for the post:
mwaschkowski