Re: Ichimoku Indicators for MT4

mrtools wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:15 am This is a martingale EA using the Kumo cloud as a filter along with a osma slope for entry been testing it for a couple of months on a 5 mill demo account :) its doing ok but very large lot sizes meaning only try this on demo until your comfortable with it.
Forgot to mention the EA indicator settings been using nlma for the osma and heiken ashi trend based price for the osma price and the rest default.
These users thanked the author mrtools for the post:
reachme

Chrisstoff wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 6:31 am

Hi Antonio,
Which pair did survive the test?
Could you please attach the test results, since the AUDCAD test's figure is the only one that can be seen in your earlier post?
Hi, AUD CAD H1, she also survived))) I can not post a full report, the system of this forum does not allow uploading HTML documents, only the schedule
Volente Deo

mrtools wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 6:53 am

Thanks for your back test, hopefully everyone knows if you decide to use a martingale on a real account would be advisable to start with more than $50 in that account, would say probably at least $2000 per pair in that account. Just saying!!!
Of course, in the course)) Thanks for the warning to Mrtools, I also want to add that systems based on Martin are very risky in general, they can even drain into a million dollar depot into an easy one, follow the MM and use the stop!
Volente Deo

Antonio wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 6:26 am

Hi, AUD CAD H1, she also survived))) I can not post a full report, the system of this forum does not allow uploading HTML documents, only the schedule
Thank you for the info, I do appreciate your work with the tests and your response. Looking at the image of your AUDCAD test, it did not really survive, or if still, then there was a significant loss at the end.

rudiarius wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 12:11 am

Hi Anka 97,

Every ichimoku I know has the colour option where you can change the thickness of lines and colour. Even the MT4 built in ichimoku has that option. That way you can make it full kumo instead of dotted.

See the sreenshot below with MT4 basic ichimoku.
I got it. Thank you. I'm just a newbie.

Chrisstoff wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 7:00 am

Thank you for the info, I do appreciate your work with the tests and your response. Looking at the image of your AUDCAD test, it did not really survive, or if still, then there was a significant loss at the end.
This closing is compulsory, as there were no further quotes, so the drawdown at the time was quite large, more than half the depot, but perhaps the test would have been successful, just the pair was not optimized and worked without a stop, only provided the correct vision of the situation, which is simple the tester in MT4 does not give the correct picture of testing and it would be a mistake to rely on its results, even TDS with a quality of 99% will not guarantee that everything will be perfect in reality, after optimization and running in TDS I use a bunch of other programs to analyze the floor It’s the hardest way to achieve a good set of files. In general, 99% gives us a vision that the owl is working and there is a certain potential, but everything else is in our hands, perhaps there is not enough opening by session time, filter by weekday, candle size filter, here the analyst’s work begins tell the coder what you need to add or remove from the advisor and then again everything is in a circle, so thanks to Mrtools for giving us reason for thinking and acting))))))))
Volente Deo

Antonio wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 8:32 pm

This closing is compulsory, as there were no further quotes, so the drawdown at the time was quite large, more than half the depot, but perhaps the test would have been successful, just the pair was not optimized and worked without a stop, only provided the correct vision of the situation, which is simple the tester in MT4 does not give the correct picture of testing and it would be a mistake to rely on its results, even TDS with a quality of 99% will not guarantee that everything will be perfect in reality, after optimization and running in TDS I use a bunch of other programs to analyze the floor It’s the hardest way to achieve a good set of files. In general, 99% gives us a vision that the owl is working and there is a certain potential, but everything else is in our hands, perhaps there is not enough opening by session time, filter by weekday, candle size filter, here the analyst’s work begins tell the coder what you need to add or remove from the advisor and then again everything is in a circle, so thanks to Mrtools for giving us reason for thinking and acting))))))))
I agree 100 %. Birt, himself suggests using several additional tools.

mrtools wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:15 am This is a martingale EA using the Kumo cloud as a filter along with a osma slope for entry been testing it for a couple of months on a 5 mill demo account :) its doing ok but very large lot sizes meaning only try this on demo until your comfortable with it.
Dear mrtools, would you tell us the entry and exit rules used in the osma-trader EA? When I observed the backtest process I find the EA didn’t simply open potions when osma and kumo cloud give the same signal and the take profit pips is also flexible. Thank you

charlesblue wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:41 pm

Dear mrtools, would you tell us the entry and exit rules used in the osma-trader EA? When I observed the backtest process I find the EA didn’t simply open potions when osma and kumo cloud give the same signal and the take profit pips is also flexible. Thank you
I apologize for not explaining before, the trade signal logic for now is if Kumo Histo is Red(price below the cloud) and current osma is less than previous osma and previous osma is greater than the previous previous osma then sell and for buy if kumo histo is green (price above the cloud) and current osma greater than previous osma and previous osma less than previous previous osma then buy. When in progression the EA will look at previous buys and sells and if in a sell will look at the highest sell position in history and if bid-highest sell position is greater than trade spacing and if another sell position comes then it will open another sell. If in a buy progression EA looks at the lowest buy position in history and if lowest buy position - ask is greater or equal to trade spacing and you get a buy signal then it will open a progression trade. Hopefully it's a bit more clearer how it works. Mainly when it gets in trouble it will take trades only with the trend described above.
These users thanked the author mrtools for the post (total 4):
Jimmy, Chrisstoff, charlesblue, RodrigoRT7

mrtools wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 4:14 am

I apologize for not explaining before, the trade signal logic for now is if Kumo Histo is Red(price below the cloud) and current osma is less than previous osma and previous osma is greater than the previous previous osma then sell and for buy if kumo histo is green (price above the cloud) and current osma greater than previous osma and previous osma less than previous previous osma then buy. When in progression the EA will look at previous buys and sells and if in a sell will look at the highest sell position in history and if bid-highest sell position is greater than trade spacing and if another sell position comes then it will open another sell. If in a buy progression EA looks at the lowest buy position in history and if lowest buy position - ask is greater or equal to trade spacing and you get a buy signal then it will open a progression trade. Hopefully it's a bit more clearer how it works. Mainly when it gets in trouble it will take trades only with the trend described above.
Thank you very much!