Re: MT4 Candlesticks, Patterns, Correlation, Breakouts & Price Action indicators

This is Mladen's version of Spearman rank correlation., changed out the old mtf and put in the newest mtf. On this version you need the spearman dll(attached) file in your libraries folder for it to work.
These users thanked the author mrtools for the post:
太虚一毫

Re: MT4 Candlesticks, Patterns, Correlation, Breakouts & Price Action indicators

Previous post reminded me that the need for a dll was due to the problem how old builds of metatrader sorted (or better told - could not sort) multi dimensional arrays
New builds changed that, and here is a version of Spearman rank correlation that does not need the dll and is still fast enough to be used in normal usage
These users thanked the author mladen for the post:
太虚一毫

Ben fulling around with the Spearman rank correlation, and since we do not have the buffers limitations any more, decided to "embellish" it too
So, here is an upgraded version that does some things at least nicer (as far as my opinion is, if it is worth something :))

As a sort of reminder :
In statistics, Spearman's rank correlation coefficient or Spearman's rho, named after Charles Spearman and often denoted by the Greek letter ρ (rho) or as r s , is a nonparametric measure of rank correlation (statistical dependence between the ranking of two variables). It assesses how well the relationship between two variables can be described using a monotonic function.

The Spearman correlation between two variables is equal to the Pearson correlation between the rank values of those two variables; while Pearson's correlation assesses linear relationships, Spearman's correlation assesses monotonic relationships (whether linear or not). If there are no repeated data values, a perfect Spearman correlation of +1 or −1 occurs when each of the variables is a perfect monotone function of the other.

Intuitively, the Spearman correlation between two variables will be high when observations have a similar (or identical for a correlation of 1) rank (i.e. relative position label of the observations within the variable: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, etc.) between the two variables, and low when observations have a dissimilar (or fully opposed for a correlation of -1) rank between the two variables.

Spearman's coefficient is appropriate for both continuous and discrete variables, including ordinal variables. Both Spearman's ρ and Kendall's τ tau can be formulated as special cases of a more general correlation coefficient.

Source : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spearman% ... oefficient
These users thanked the author mladen for the post:
太虚一毫

Re: Currency Correlation indicators for MT4

RJD007 wrote: Wed May 03, 2017 11:31 am Playing with spearman Full .ex4 not the 1.01 and when you enter a rank value below 10 the indicator shows 10 but when I do a icustom with a rank value of 5 I get a different value than with 10. which I would expect but still doesn't explain why the indicator only charts value of 10 or higher. The 1.01 only has the 4 types of averaging.
That limitation was inherited from the version that used dll (for practical reasons)
Here is a version without that limitation
These users thanked the author mladen for the post (total 2):
Next, 太虚一毫