Re: Coding Help

wojtek wrote:Would you find a while to code it?  Of course, if it's worth coding in your opinion;
maybe it wouldn't help much, I mean - the original bars are very thin...
The issue with using objects is other : using a lot of objects on a chart makes the CPU crawl and can disrupt some other display on the chart.

wojtek wrote:OK, right (though, the number of objects could be limited to some N bars,
as e.g. 100, or so).
It can :)
But in that case it still leaves some issues. In general, not a good idea to use objects from mt if we do not want to mess up some other objects (or display)

wojtek wrote:Right (maybe a unique label for each object would help ),
but OK, I think it's not worth coding, the final effect could
not be satisfactory...
wojtek

Unique label is a must (or else they will update the same object, but that is not what I was talking about). This is what I am talking about : two simple square objects overlapping on the same area (those are two objects, not 3 or more as it might seem)

Regardless of unique label, the way how metatrader draws objects they will always interfere with each other and in cases of even slightly more complicated interaction the result will be a complete mess
Attachments

wojtek wrote:Thank you for the explanation.
Maybe MetaQuotes could do something with that...
(and add thicker bars). 
I don't know.
The same way of handling objects exists in metatrader 5 too, so I don't think so
As an example of different handling of the same thing, here is the same thing in tradestation :

As you can see no such issue there and objects are handled exactly as they are expected to be handled (including the rectangle border line colors)
Attachments