How to add alerts to your indicators

Moderators: mntiwana, mrtools

How to add alerts to your indicators

Hello coders and traders. I have seen many people requesting to add alerts to indicators they already have. I have also seen someone say that he didn't realize it was that simple to add the alert coding to his indicator. Is it that simple ? And if so , Would people be willing to give guidance on adding alerts rather than ten million people asking someone to do it for them ? So...If you can find it in your heart to give guidance to the many traders out there , that would be awesome of you.

Re: How to add alerts to your indicators

JADragon3 wrote:
Tue Aug 01, 2017 5:25 am
Hello coders and traders. I have seen many people requesting to add alerts to indicators they already have. I have also seen someone say that he didn't realize it was that simple to add the alert coding to his indicator. Is it that simple ? And if so , Would people be willing to give guidance on adding alerts rather than ten million people asking someone to do it for them ? So...If you can find it in your heart to give guidance to the many traders out there , that would be awesome of you.
For me was as simple as studying the code before the alert was added and then see what was done after the alert was added, and then trial and error after that.

JADragon3 wrote:
Each and every code and indicator has different rules
Some are already written in a way that alerts addition is easy
Some need a complete rewriting - and are far, far from being simple to do that

there is no general rule of thumb for that

mladen wrote:
Wed Aug 02, 2017 5:29 pm
JADragon3 wrote:

I can definitely understand that. Sometimes I start to open pandora's box when it comes to moving code around and then slam it back shut cause I have no idea what I am doing. Gotta start tinkering around somewhere I suppose.

JADragon3 wrote:
Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:03 pm
mladen wrote:
Wed Aug 02, 2017 5:29 pm

I can definitely understand that. Sometimes I start to open pandora's box when it comes to moving code around and then slam it back shut cause I have no idea what I am doing. Gotta start tinkering around somewhere I suppose.
The eternal coding tale :)

mladen wrote:
Sun Aug 06, 2017 6:34 am
JADragon3 wrote:
Sun Aug 06, 2017 5:39 am
I am going to revisit this thread soon. Going to try and come up with a copy and paste code for adding alerts. Need some time though
Happy coding :)
That is the last thing I wanted to get stuck in my head is a bunch of code. :cray: