TRIX Indicators for MT4

TRIX was invented in the early 1980's by Jack Hutson who was the editor for Technical Analysis of Stocks and Commodities magazine. TRIX is calculated using triple smoothing of price and is essentially a trend-following tool. TRIX is a less known indicator but it has powerful signals when used correctly.

TRIX is a strong technical indicator which I personally use for trend trading.

Tip: From experience, the best way to trade the TRIX is by simply trading the signal line crossovers. Combine this with a top-down approach (viewing higher timeframe's first then using a smaller timeframe's signal to enter into the direction of the higher timeframe's trend), plotting simple trend lines and waiting for breakouts and you have a winning system at hand.
Some traders like to trade the TRIX by waiting for the Zero line crossover. This method works fine but I find that the Zero line crossovers happen when a good chunk of the trend has already passed. 

If you have any TRIX indicators or info you would like to share please do in this thread!
These users thanked the author Jimmy for the post (total 3):
berserkyjc, LorenzoNexus, Jedidiah
Are you looking for a Forex broker? FBS cuts spreads by up to 58%. Click here to begin your trading journey, today.
No commissions are earned by Forex-station.

Guide to the "All Averages" Filters (ADXvma, Laguerre etc.) 🆕
Use Fibonacci numbers for indicator settings + How to draw Fibonacci Extensions
An easy trick for drawing Support & Resistance

Re: TRIX Indicators for MT4

v2vboni wrote:
not the same... just comparing the curve or crosses whenever the indicator is about  to reach or touching the upper or lower only.
I think,not the proper comparison,if you requires reaching,touching upper/lower then you have to equalize them first as they having different values,see in your picture,conditionally if you have any concern with levels/zones
Indicator is just a tool.

Use it only if it can benefit you. Leave it if you don't know how to use it optimally.