Re: Trading Pullbacks System

Meyney wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 9:03 pm AUDUSD
Hi Meyney, I'm really loving the pullback trading style.

I want ask, at the break of the trend line, the candle was quite long, would you enter at the candle close?

Secondly, do you have a defined max pips SL you trade? For example, in this case, with the long candle, the distance for SL will be quite much, will you take this and use a risk percentage for the SL? Or you ignore trades that move too far from the swing / SL area.

Lastly, how do you exit? Defined TP value, risk to reward or?

Thanks.

[quote=maroka post_id=1295510677 time=1682329836 user_id=4939264]
Hi Meyney, I'm really loving the pullback trading style.

I want ask, at the break of the trend line, the candle was quite long, would you enter at the candle close?
Thanks yes I never enter after a 'long' candle, but I will switch to lower timeframes for proper entries on a pullback

Secondly, do you have a defined max pips SL you trade? For example, in this case, with the long candle, the distance for SL will be quite much, will you take this and use a risk percentage for the SL? Or you ignore trades that move too far from the swing / SL area.
In this case the R:R (risk reward) is not interesting so better pass or (again) switch to another timeframe for a decent R:R

Lastly, how do you exit? Defined TP value, risk to reward or?
exit is always difficult, first i aim at the previous SD zone or high/low/round number. But always aim at least 1:2 R;R. When price hits previous SD/high low I start to watch how to manage the trade further, sometimes it will hit you in the face, sometimes you can hold or add positions. Sometimes you are lucky, sometimes not it is all in the game

best M
These users thanked the author Meyney for the post:
maroka

Meyney wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 10:38 pm
Why did you not enter after the break? Considering an entry after the move has progressed so far and so fast is like jumping in front of freight train. I'd never do that, I'd let go.
If you had entered after the break, I'd let the trade run. It might still go in for a while. And I'd move the SL to cover some profits. No need for guessing TP.

RplusT wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 11:23 pm Why did you not enter after the break? Considering an entry after the move has progressed so far and so fast is like jumping in front of freight train. I'd never do that, I'd let go.
If you had entered after the break, I'd let the trade run. It might still go in for a while. And I'd move the SL to cover some profits. No need for guessing TP.
I wait for the candle close at the break, then I decide to enter or not. In this case the candle was to big. But at the SD zone I could have switched to a lower TF and enter there. I think we are on the same path, but I do wait for the candle close break.
These users thanked the author Meyney for the post (total 2):
RplusT, maroka