Re: Supertrend indicators for MT4

hello

I attach another image, thi time with the indicator you gave me yesterday.
As you can see the supertrend still change according to close price, instead of heiken ashi close (with the same parameters: 14/3)

I've tried all the options, heiken ashi close, low, typical, median, etc. etc.

unfortunately I'm not able to code with mq language therefore I can't understand the problem.
Attachments
These users thanked the author ermete for the post:
talaate

ermete wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 3:38 am thanks for the indicator.

I attach 2 photos of Dax index with supertrend, taken now on 1 h timeframe, one with heiken ashi close, one with normal close.
As you can see the heiken ahi close has much less "noise", or false signals.

the idea (to reduce even more false signals) is to close 2/3 of position (like 2 contracts) when heiken ashi changes color, and leave the other 1/3 open until the next supertrend signal.

I tried with your indicator but without success.
kind regards
SuperTrend with Heiken Ashi APB (Average Price Bars) + Smoothing Options

I dont know if is this what you want, but you may try this version with onbuild HA candles (APB HA). With lots of options like smoothing, menu section for selecting prices for close, high, low....

kvak wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 7:07 am SuperTrend with Heiken Ashi APB (Average Price Bars) + Smoothing Options

I dont know if is this what you want, but you may try this version with onbuild HA candles (APB HA). With lots of options like smoothing, menu section for selecting prices for close, high, low....
Wow this special 😮 What I love about our indicators Kvak is every time you post I just know it will be something that already has a tonne of easy to use options and everything we need out of the box. Seriously its very rare that anyone needs to do a followup request or ask for a correction with your codes and I love every code you have made man your content is just so neat dude.
These users thanked the author boytoy for the post (total 2):
kvak, RodrigoRT7

boytoy wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 6:16 pm Wow this special 😮 What I love about our indicators Kvak is every time you post I just know it will be something that already has a tonne of easy to use options and everything we need out of the box. Seriously its very rare that anyone needs to do a followup request or ask for a correction with your codes and I love every code you have made man your content is just so neat dude.
Thank you for your kindly words....

kvak wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 7:07 am
thank you.
I attach an image from Trading view, taken now on Dax index (1h), and one with your indicator, with the same broker and same parameters (14,3):
Attachments

it's the "default" one:

Code: Select all

//@version=5
indicator("Supertrend", overlay = true, timeframe = "", timeframe_gaps = true)

atrPeriod = input.int(10,    "ATR Length", minval = 1)
factor =    input.float(3.0, "Factor",     minval = 0.01, step = 0.01)

[supertrend, direction] = ta.supertrend(factor, atrPeriod)

supertrend := barstate.isfirst ? na : supertrend
bodyMiddle = plot(barstate.isfirst ? na : (open + close) / 2, display = display.none)
upTrend =    plot(direction < 0 ? supertrend : na, "Up Trend",   color = color.green, style = plot.style_linebr)
downTrend =  plot(direction < 0 ? na : supertrend, "Down Trend", color = color.red,   style = plot.style_linebr)

fill(bodyMiddle, upTrend,   color.new(color.green, 90), fillgaps = false)
fill(bodyMiddle, downTrend, color.new(color.red,   90), fillgaps = false)
These users thanked the author ermete for the post:
mrtools

ermete wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 12:11 am thank you.
I attach an image from Trading view, taken now on Dax index (1h), and one with your indicator, with the same broker and same parameters (14,3):

Dont sure what you mean with settings (14,3) what you tested, but I add 14- mid price and 3 - multiplier and from picture, is pretty close to your TV picture.
Attachments
These users thanked the author kvak for the post (total 4):
Chickenspicy, mrtools, ermete, Cazz223