Re: Best of Don The Con

Michael Popok reveals that Don The Con's criminal defense lawyer, Todd Blanche, got so frustrated with the facts of Michael Cohen's testimony that Blanche screamed at Cohen on the witness stand like Trump would do. This is not good to do in front of a jury.

I should note that Judge Merchan put the trial oh hold today so that Trump can attend a graduation party. Just image if you or I were in a local municipal court and we were to demand to stop the trial. Never in a million years. Uber favoritism for Trump, once again. Totally absurd.

These users thanked the author JohnnyRy for the post:
Marco_Sousa
“[A]s we know, there are known knowns—there are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns—that is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns—the ones we don’t know we don’t know.”—Donald Rumsfeld, 2002

Don The Con really needs a breath mint:
Marco_Sousa
“[A]s we know, there are known knowns—there are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns—that is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns—the ones we don’t know we don’t know.”—Donald Rumsfeld, 2002

ReTrumplicans are really taunting Judge Merchan by admitting that they are Don The Con's mouthpiece for the purpose of circumventing the gag order:

What no media outlet is discussing is the fact that there is no rule requiring Judge Merchan to rule at any specific point in time as to additional gag order violations committed by Trump. In the event that Trump is found guilty by the jury on at least one of the felony charges, Judge Merchan is free to add additional criminal contempt punishment onto the primary sentencing.

Marco_Sousa

Don The Con's overlength ties finally make sense:
Marco_Sousa

Marco_Sousa wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 7:38 am

Ackerman great explanation about the hush money case.
haha, I saw this the other day, here is a lawyer telling you that once the prosecution testimony has finished it's pretty much game over and that defence cross examination never really turns up anything so they may as well not bother.

Lawyer talking blatant BS to bolster a narrative for appearance money 😍

Ogee wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 5:30 pm haha, I saw this the other day, here is a lawyer telling you that once the prosecution testimony has finished it's pretty much game over and that defence cross examination never really turns up anything so they may as well not bother.

Lawyer talking blatant BS to bolster a narrative for appearance money 😍
On the one hand, no one can know exactly what the defense lawyers will do next week or more importantly, what the jury will do after that.

On the other hand, the defense lawyers have not committed to calling any witnesses on direct examination nor introducing any documentary evidence. In any court case of any kind, it's generally not good when only one side calls all of the witnesses and presents all of the evidence. This usually signals to the jury that the opposing side has no alternate explanation for the jury to even consider.

In another dimension of time and space...

If I were Don The Con's lawyer😱, I would press him like mad to get his wife to testify. Imagine if she got on the witness stand and said, "I told my husband that if I ever caught him cheating on me, then I would divorce him. And by the way, he's aware that I have renegotiated our antenuptial agreement terms several times. As a result, I'm entitled to a substantial portion of his property if and when we divorce."

Strategically, this would diminish the jury's perceived intent of Trump to commit election and tax fraud--while refocusing the jury's attention upon the net worth destruction that would have resulted from a divorce.

Of course, getting Trump's wife to testify in the same case in which Trump's mistress already testified would require yet another dimension of time and space.

This just in... 18 ReTrumplican election fraudsters and forgers have been indicted on various felony criminal charges in the U.S. State of Arizona:

For some fun at Don The Con's expense:

Seasoned trial attorney, Michael Popok, decodes the jury's body language in Don The Con's ongoing felony criminal trial in Manhattan: