Re: Something interesting please post here (Metatrader)

this is a snake stochastic (with drake delay slowing added to snake -> not in the original)
smoothing and slowing have different effects
158 dot code is smaller
great for pattern finding,

ChatGPT
In mathematics, "slowing" and "smoothing" typically refer to different concepts, although there can be some overlap depending on the context.

- **Slowing**: This usually implies a reduction in the rate of change or the speed of a function or process. For instance, in calculus, if a function's derivative decreases over time, it's slowing down.

- **Smoothing**: This often involves removing noise or irregularities from a dataset or a function to reveal underlying trends or patterns. Smoothing techniques aim to create a more regular or predictable behavior. In statistics, smoothing techniques like moving averages or kernel smoothing are used to reduce random fluctuations in data.

While both slowing and smoothing can result in a more gradual or consistent behavior, they address different aspects of mathematical analysis. Slowing deals more with the rate of change, while smoothing focuses on the overall shape or pattern.
These users thanked the author WOLF for the post (total 2):
88FX88, thomdel
Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
Don’t put your trust in money or man.
Don’t gamble with eternity.

Here's a quick update of the Renko XARD basic that I posted earlier. I removed the semafor indicator because it's not useful on a smoothed chart. Renko bricks allowed me to place a pending buy order when the RSI(oma) began to tick blue (bricks always print at the same levels over time), and RSI(oma) seems to be the slowest indicator so it ultimately determines entries. After the trade executed, I placed a stop at the Magenta dots of the Support_and_Resistance indicator (below) from MQL5.com. It appears to be useful as a manual dynamic trailing stop. Use Lime dots as stops for shorts.

Again, the screenshot is a demo test. Actual live swaps on the Guppy (GBPJPY) are great for longs and nasty for shorts. If you catch a good run, the short swap can be beat. Spread is generally a bit high because Guppy volatility is stellar.

The Support_and_Resistance indicator is really just fractals extended forward until a new fractal of the same direction prints. Veteran forex warhorses will likely recognize it as "support_and_resitance_Barry" for MT4.

At least anecdotally/visually, the winners look like they will far outrun the losers.

By the way, this is not an intraday strategy. Current H4 ATR of the Guppy is likely about 76 pips or so, and these are 89 pip bricks so...

These users thanked the author JohnnyRy for the post:
WOLF
“[A]s we know, there are known knowns—there are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns—that is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns—the ones we don’t know we don’t know.”—Donald Rumsfeld, 2002

WOLF wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 3:44 am system look good?

I'm afraid that my brain is basically an MT5 input device. I know nothing about Sierra Charts. It would have been nice if the vid poster had narrated.

Having said that, the software appears to be more of a highly configurable utility than an optimized trading algo. Once again, I tend to gravitate toward symbol-specific and tested algo's.

Feel free to call me an old soul because I don't deviate from traditional Renko bricks. I'm not really a fan of median Renko candles nor wicks/shadows on Renko stuff. In my opinion, it only recomplicates a simple brick that was intended to smooth in the first place.

Also... if were to use that software, I would strip a few things off the chart because I'm less-is-more me.

Maybe try to get a free demo from the poster?
These users thanked the author JohnnyRy for the post:
WOLF
“[A]s we know, there are known knowns—there are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns—that is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns—the ones we don’t know we don’t know.”—Donald Rumsfeld, 2002

ChartRe: Something interesting please post here (Metatrader)

Indicator to display charts within a chart

Show other chart windows in the chart window.
Sorry if there is the same indicator. Please ignore it.

Key Points

There is no limit to the types of indicators that can be used.
See the attached image.

Demerit

The chart window to be displayed in the chart window requires the chart window to be prepared in advance.

How to set up/use
  • Prepare the chart window to be displayed in the chart window. (Image 1)
  • Add "FNC_ChartInChart_Sender" indicator of this tool.
  • Set the Group code parameter.
  • Set the window size. Display the chart window as it is.
  • Repeat these steps if you want to display multiple chart windows.
Display previous chart window within chart
  • Display the previous chart window in the chart window. (Image 2)
  • Add "FNC_ChartInChart_Receiver" indicator in this tool.
  • Set the Group code parameter.
  • Repeat these steps if you want to display multiple chart windows.
Display as an image
  • If it is selected, you can move it by dragging. The upper left corner is the anchor.
funchi's daughter