Re: Volume Indicators for MT4

mrtools wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:33 am Should be pretty close to the mt5 version, since mt4 doesn't have a built-in fill had to use a histogram type fill, but still kinda close.

This can be used to detect consolidation and static market, long trends and continuation with other indi, like hull.. ..

Is it possible to put button and other options..

Thanks
Attachments
These users thanked the author Mickey Abi for the post:
Jimmy

mrtools wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:33 am Should be pretty close to the mt5 version, since mt4 doesn't have a built-in fill had to use a histogram type fill, but still kinda close.

Reason for this post / request :
This Indicator has good output with default parameters & users can try various options based on your drop down menu.

If you find these suggestions helpful for all users then Please Kindly Add.

Respected mrtools Sir,

Request you to Please Kindly See the Addition of Below Options : to indicator : ! corrected volume weighted averages

1) Button
2) Colour Candles : Based on your Drop down menu conditions
3) MTF
5) Line Width Option for : Main Indicator Lines
4) Option to turn off Lines of the Ribbon & Dotted Line in Indicator Menu : as shown in the pic

Thanks for all the indicators, mods, experiments, drop down menus, buttons.
Thanks for your Time, support, generosity.
Thanks.
Attachments
These users thanked the author thomdel for the post (total 2):
Jimmy, mrtools

thomdel wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:04 pm Reason for this post / request :
This Indicator has good output with default parameters & users can try various options based on your drop down menu.

If you find these suggestions helpful for all users then Please Kindly Add.

Respected mrtools Sir,

Request you to Please Kindly See the Addition of Below Options : to indicator : ! corrected volume weighted averages

1) Button
2) Colour Candles : Based on your Drop down menu conditions
3) MTF
5) Line Width Option for : Main Indicator Lines
4) Option to turn off Lines of the Ribbon & Dotted Line in Indicator Menu : as shown in the pic

Thanks for all the indicators, mods, experiments, drop down menus, buttons.
Thanks for your Time, support, generosity.
Thanks.
Thanks for the idea but think it's best to concentrate only on this version instead.
These users thanked the author mrtools for the post:
thomdel

ionone wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:35 pm ain't Volume on Forex just a "made up" indicator, computed from price ?

I've always thought that volume exists only in Stocks and Indices

I thought there were no volume in Forex ?

am i wrong ?

Jeff
In the versions I posted the mt5 versions have a choice between real volume or tick volume, some mt5 brokers far as I'm aware offer Stocks and Indices with real volume, but not many. The MT4 version is calculated using tick volume, seems some people are successful using the mt4 versions though, so I've learned to not knock it if it works for them.
These users thanked the author mrtools for the post (total 3):
RodrigoRT7, ionone, Jimmy

ionone wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:35 pm ain't Volume on Forex just a "made up" indicator, computed from price ?

I've always thought that volume exists only in Stocks and Indices

I thought there were no volume in Forex ?

am i wrong ?

Jeff
Yeah, to add to mrtools answer you can only get 'real' volume from a central exchange which FX doesn't have so brokers supply 'tic' volume instead. Tic volume is the number of buy/sell orders made but does not reveal the size of those orders, however research papers have found a high correlation between real volume and tic volume.
These users thanked the author Ogee for the post (total 3):
ionone, Jimmy, mrtools