Re: Supertrend indicators for MT4

mrtools wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 2:22 am Made a new version and added an on/off button.

Respected mrtools Sir,

You are truly Superb. Thanks for this button.

But Kindly : Please Note :
You missed 2 menu items in this indicator which were present in original indicator and tradingview txt file which i uploaded.

1) Use Multiplier : True / False
2) SuperTrend Multiplier : ________ Value

attached pic : for ref ***

Thanks for your Time, Efforts, generosity.
Thanks a Lot.
Attachments
These users thanked the author thomdel for the post (total 2):
mrtools, Starfish

thomdel wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 3:32 am Respected mrtools Sir,

You are truly Superb. Thanks for this button.

But Kindly : Please Note :
You missed 2 menu items in this indicator which were present in original indicator and tradingview txt file which i uploaded.

1) Use Multiplier : True / False
2) SuperTrend Multiplier : ________ Value

attached pic : for ref ***

Thanks for your Time, Efforts, generosity.
Thanks a Lot.
Added the multiplier and fixed a mtf problem, posted it in the original post.
These users thanked the author mrtools for the post:
thomdel

thomdel wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 3:32 am
Great example of a proper request, most of us come in here like children asking if we can go on da playground
Great job thombel 👏👏
These users thanked the author Starfish for the post (total 2):
thomdel, mrtools
wef,un,cia,demoncrats - their plan
cut your childs sex parts off or abort them
make you eat bugs and drink sewage water
divide races because of "slavery, terrorism, crime"
cyberhack your grid firewalls and airplanes
biological attack and fake vaccine for emergency power
take away your free speech or fire arms because its "the cause of all problems"
they trying to use a nuclear war and debt to usher digital currency
all while the banks go bankrupt and you lose your retirement

mrtools wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 4:01 am Added the multiplier and fixed a mtf problem, posted it in the original post.

Respected mrtools Sir,

I checked your new upload with updated params & button.

There seems to be some code difference in this new button indicator which is resulting in different output.

The Output from this new version with button is different from : the Original OLD Indicator w/o button & tradingview.txt file which was uploaded earlier.

Tried same params but output is different.

Note : Your old indicator without button & histo version : are perfectly same : with tradingview indicator.txt file.
I checked right now. *

This post is as a feedback only : to inform you.
If it can be done then it's fine otherwise ok with old indicator w/o button.
I do not want to disturb you in any manner through this button request.

Attached Pic / TPL -- indicators. : for your reference

Thanks for your generosity, time, efforts.
Thanks a Lot.

thomdel wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 5:34 am Tried same params but output is different.
SuperTrend CCI with Built-in ATR Calculation method

Without the code just guessing what is causing the difference but could be maybe I used the built in Atr on the original, so when you get a chance try this one, I added the built in atr to the calculating methods and it is quite a bit different than the custom atr. In the snapshot both have the same settings except one using built in atr and the other the custom atr. Hopefully this is what is causing the problem.

This version includes:
  • Multitimeframe MTF
  • Arrows
  • Alerts
  • Candlestick overlay
  • On/Off Button
These users thanked the author mrtools for the post (total 12):
thomdel, Starfish, kvak, Jimmy, macd & rsi, Krunal Gajjar, ixion700, 太虚一毫, talaate, Akela, Ricstar_8, michaelB

mrtools wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 6:26 am Without the code just guessing what is causing the difference but could be maybe I used the built in Atr on the original, so when you get a chance try this one, I added the built in atr to the calculating methods and it is quite a bit different than the custom atr. In the snapshot both have the same settings except one using built in atr and the other the custom atr. Hopefully this is what is causing the problem.

Respected mrtools Sir,

Thanks for the Reply. This worked perfectly.

Yes, you are 100 % Right regarding built in ATR.

Now the indicator is working perfectly fine with built in ATR option : and now it is same as the old one & tradingview indicator.

Thanks a Lot.
Thanks for your time, efforts, kindness,
These users thanked the author thomdel for the post (total 3):
mrtools, Starfish, Jimmy

mrtools wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 6:26 am SuperTrend CCI with Built-in ATR Calculation method

Without the code just guessing what is causing the difference but could be maybe I used the built in Atr on the original, so when you get a chance try this one, I added the built in atr to the calculating methods and it is quite a bit different than the custom atr. In the snapshot both have the same settings except one using built in atr and the other the custom atr. Hopefully this is what is causing the problem.

This version includes:
  • Multitimeframe MTF
  • Arrows
  • Alerts
  • Candlestick overlay
  • On/Off Button
Hello @mrtools. This is a nice one indeed specially when using that built in ATR. Is it adaptive ATR or something else? If different then where can i learn about it and find out how its calculated? Thanks in advance.
Think out of the box!

mrtools wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:55 am Just your regular built in mt4 Atr.
Hello mrtools
can you do this please? , if these conditions were met (in MT5) :
If the trend of the supertrend indicator (that is attached) was positive and the candles in Ichimoku were above Tenkan-Sen and Kijun-Sen and default MACD indicator of Metatrader above the 0 level displayed with a green arrow ،
If the conditions were the opposite, displayed with a red arrow
If you have another indicator that is not a repaint to optimize, please suggest. Thanks (for MT5, or mt4)