Re: Stochastic indicators for MT4

mrtools wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:26 am What kind of histogram did you have in mind?
perhaps you could create a double histogram that changes color when the color of the Smoothed line changes and then when it crosses the Signal line...I think maybe it would be easier to follow, I think it's a fantastic indicator to use on the m1 for scalping and this way you would be able to identify the moment more quickly

lukgoku wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 7:14 pm hi MrTools, do you think it's possible?
Did this not sure if it is what you are looking for though. On the histogram 1 to 2 = bullish slope, -1 to -2 = bearish slope, 0 to 1 = bullish signal cross, and 0 to -1 = bearish signal cross.
These users thanked the author mrtools for the post (total 5):
Jimmy, josi, lukgoku, Krunal Gajjar, talaate

mrtools wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 1:30 am Did this not sure if it is what you are looking for though. On the histogram 1 to 2 = bullish slope, -1 to -2 = bearish slope, 0 to 1 = bullish signal cross, and 0 to -1 = bearish signal cross.
Hi, first of all thank you for answering me, it wasn't obvious to me.

You're almost there. You're very close to my thoughts, but I had imagined it as two simple separate and non-overlapping histograms, but I don't know if it's possible... if it were it would be fantastic, otherwise it could also be used like this if you could add the alerts.

Thanks again

I am baffled.
I changed the indicator code on line 5 from separate to 'chart' and obviously it did not work.
I changed it back to 'separate' and on screen the indicator now loaded and showed on screen. SUCCESS?
Then on line 24 I tried to change the colours of each level - and failed - see my comment on line 24.
Every time I have to load it to a chart I have to do the same thing and save the template. Obviously I would prefer to have the indicator loading first time without the time wasted on changing and rechanging.
Questions
a. Can this same indicator be made so it can be loaded onto all charts on screen?
b. Can the levels of this indicator be made so that the colours and widths can be changed?
I also show two illustrations of how I use the indi by drawing trap line over and under the indi itself and particularly at the extremes - first one shows entry when the indicator, NOT the price, breaks through the trapline and the second is the exit when the price hit the BB. It was a very safe 20 pts.
Obviously I can still get it to work for myself, with a lot of fiddle, but ideally others would benefit hugely.
Many thanks
TEAMTRADER