Re: Larry Williams Commercial Proxy Index

ixion700 wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 3:44 am EUROUSD with floating zero line, averages and(Close: HLCO/4) looks beautiful. The price type option helps explore new ideas. For those interested if you set (Open: Median)(Close: Close) you will end up with a variation of Chartmill value indicator(CVI) which was introduced in 2013! Btw dear Kvak in attached CVI the ATR is multiplied by the square root of period. I think that method may be useful for LWPI too. Could you add it as an option please? Something like "ATR Multiplied: False/True". We can test if it helps with long or short periods.
A thousand Thanks for this indicator.
Sorry for delays, here is your mod with menu for this calculations with some extras too... Test it.
These users thanked the author kvak for the post (total 8):
太虚一毫, Jimmy, RodrigoRT7, BeatlemaniaSA, ixion700, Akela, moey_dw, boytoy

josi wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 2:20 am Pretty much perfect, now, I think. Look at this difficult (mostly ranging) chart - still: very tradable with your indicator.
One of the best trading indicators now hands down I can't understand how or why this works on the 1 min time frame but it does. All credit to the project by you guys and coders just blown away
These users thanked the author boytoy for the post (total 2):
josi, Jimmy

ixion700 wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 3:44 am EUROUSD with floating zero line, averages and(Close: HLCO/4) looks beautiful. The price type option helps explore new ideas. For those interested if you set (Open: Median)(Close: Close) you will end up with a variation of Chartmill value indicator(CVI) which was introduced in 2013! Btw dear Kvak in attached CVI the ATR is multiplied by the square root of period. I think that method may be useful for LWPI too. Could you add it as an option please? Something like "ATR Multiplied: False/True". We can test if it helps with long or short periods.
A thousand Thanks for this indicator.
I Liked this one version, some interesting stuff can be done here!!
:D :razz:
Attachments
These users thanked the author SijjiN for the post (total 2):
ixion700, Jimmy

Hi mrtools,

Could you give us a version that additionally includes a separate moving average calculated on the LWPI?
Thanks in advance!

mrtools wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 6:09 am Added the averages and added an option to make the zero-line boxes coloring to be determined by a floating zero (controlled by a min max period) or just a regular zero. The floating example is in the first sub-window.
These users thanked the author chris006 for the post:
SijjiN

chris006 wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 9:08 pm Hi mrtools,

Could you give us a version that additionally includes a separate moving average calculated on the LWPI?
Thanks in advance!
If I am understanding you right the moving average used for the LWPI final value smoothing has this:

input int inpSmooth = 2; // Smoothing Period
input enMaTypes inpMaType2 = ma_smma; // Smoothing average type

It's the final smoothing value period and average type of the LWPI.
These users thanked the author mrtools for the post:
chris006

I understand that if I use that smoothing input, the result will be equivalent to the ma I am requesting. But then I will not have the LWPI on the screen.
I am interested in the crossover of the LWPI and the ma, of course in relation to the bands as well.

The bands are calculated on the after-smoothed LWPI, correct? Could the requested ma be calculated on the non-smoothed LWPI (original value)?

mrtools wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 3:20 am If I am understanding you right the moving average used for the LWPI final value smoothing has this:

input int inpSmooth = 2; // Smoothing Period
input enMaTypes inpMaType2 = ma_smma; // Smoothing average type

It's the final smoothing value period and average type of the LWPI.