Re: Larry Williams Commercial Proxy Index

kvak wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 5:57 am This indicator working this way, only look back period for array high/low from indicator is same like LWPI period.
Greetings @kvak. Could you give us the option to choose price types instead of that open and close in the formula? I think (O-(H+L+O+C)/4) may work better than simple(O-C). Thanks in advance.
These users thanked the author ixion700 for the post:
boytoy
Think out of the box!

ixion700 wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2024 12:49 am Greetings @kvak. Could you give us the option to choose price types instead of that open and close in the formula? I think (O-(H+L+O+C)/4) may work better than simple(O-C). Thanks in advance.
Some experimenting with this code. Added separate menu price open/close.
These users thanked the author kvak for the post (total 9):
ixion700, josi, RodrigoRT7, nbibu, Jimmy, talaate, moey_dw, ParallelNative, 太虚一毫

kvak wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 12:58 am Some experimenting with this code. Added separate menu price open/close.
EUROUSD with floating zero line, averages and(Close: HLCO/4) looks beautiful. The price type option helps explore new ideas. For those interested if you set (Open: Median)(Close: Close) you will end up with a variation of Chartmill value indicator(CVI) which was introduced in 2013! Btw dear Kvak in attached CVI the ATR is multiplied by the square root of period. I think that method may be useful for LWPI too. Could you add it as an option please? Something like "ATR Multiplied: False/True". We can test if it helps with long or short periods.
A thousand Thanks for this indicator.
These users thanked the author ixion700 for the post (total 6):
BeatlemaniaSA, kvak, nbibu, moey_dw, SijjiN, RodrigoRT7
Think out of the box!

mrtools wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 11:32 am This is Larry Williams Commerical Proxy Index (cpi) inverted and kind of normalized. For now has 5 moving averages to choose from in calculation plus smoothing and added some deviation type bands, where the cpi is colored on the cpi and band midline cross. Also added a zero-cross filter for filtering of entries.

EURUSDDaily.png

EURUSDH1.png

! LWPI - (bands).ex4
Added the averages and added an option to make the zero-line boxes coloring to be determined by a floating zero (controlled by a min max period) or just a regular zero. The floating example is in the first sub-window.
These users thanked the author mrtools for the post (total 11):
ixion700, kvak, RodrigoRT7, rudiarius, BeatlemaniaSA, talaate, thomdel, josi, moey_dw, chris006, 太虚一毫

mrtools wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 6:09 am Added the averages and added an option to make the zero-line boxes colouring to be determined by a floating zero (controlled by a min-max period) or just a regular zero. The floating example is in the first sub-window.
Dear mrtools,

Would you be so kind as to add a button to this indicator? :D So that I can keep all if not most of the indicators I use in a single sub-window and then select them as I need to. ;)
Alerts as well? You decide if it is a viable option or not. Not necessary for my use of the indicator. However, forum users might find them useful. :)
These users thanked the author BeatlemaniaSA for the post (total 5):
RodrigoRT7, sal, Mickey Abi, Jimmy, moey_dw
BEATS V5 - "Enjoy The Quiet Between Trades”

Improve Your Trading Psychology - NO FEAR, NO DOUBT

BeatlemaniaSA wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 8:41 am Dear mrtools,

Would you be so kind as to add a button to this indicator? :D So that I can keep all if not most of the indicators I use in a single sub-window and then select them as I need to. ;)

SappySealSappySealsMemeGIF.gif

Alerts as well? You decide if it is a viable option or not. Not necessary for my use of the indicator. However, forum users might find them useful. :)
Alerts and on/off button added.
These users thanked the author mrtools for the post (total 11):
RodrigoRT7, BeatlemaniaSA, josi, ixion700, ParallelNative, kvak, Jimmy, moey_dw, Sutatong, chris006, ionone