Re: Volume Indicators for MT4

Hello dear @kvak. I was trying to find a proper couple for mrtools' tdfi tv that i came across this nice OBV histo indicator made by you. The other indicator attached uses variants of OBV. I wanna ask is it possible to add those variants as an option to your OBV indicator? Im eager to compare the results specially with that second variant. My deep gratitude and best regards.
These users thanked the author ixion700 for the post (total 3):
kvak, ParallelNative, boytoy
Think out of the box!

ixion700 wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 6:31 pm Hello mrtools. If you have time could you add divergences to this one please. Also, I'm very eager to test those new beauties added to your average collection. Many thanks in forward.
Hello,
Divergence added.
These users thanked the author mrtools for the post (total 7):
ixion700, RodrigoRT7, 太虚一毫, Jimmy, kvak, ParallelNative, Hashim23

ixion700 wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 10:05 pm Hello dear @kvak. I was trying to find a proper couple for mrtools' tdfi tv that i came across this nice OBV histo indicator made by you. The other indicator attached uses variants of OBV. I wanna ask is it possible to add those variants as an option to your OBV indicator? Im eager to compare the results specially with that second variant. My deep gratitude and best regards.
On Balance Volume Histogram with Alternative OBV Calculation Options

Here is your mod which includes the three variants below:
  • The Classic OBV formula

Code: Select all

{
                   double prev = out[pos + 1] == EMPTY_VALUE ? tick_volume[pos + 1] : out[pos + 1];
                   if (close[pos] > close[pos + 1])
                   {
                      out[pos] = out[pos + 1] + tick_volume[pos];
                   }
                   else if (close[pos] < close[pos + 1])
                   {
                      out[pos] = out[pos + 1] - tick_volume[pos];
                   }
                   else
                   {
                      out[pos] = out[pos + 1];
                   }
                }
                break;
  • Alternative Version 1

{
                   if (high[pos] == low[pos] || open[pos] == close[pos] || close[pos] == close[pos + 1])
                   {
                      out[pos] = out[pos + 1];
                   }
                   else
                   {
                      if (close[pos] > open[pos])
                      {
                         out[pos] = out[pos + 1] + (tick_volume[pos] * (close[pos] - open[pos]) / (high[pos] - low[pos]));
                      }
                      else
                      {
                         out[pos] = out[pos + 1] - (tick_volume[pos] * (open[pos] - close[pos]) / (high[pos] - low[pos]));
                      }
                   }
                }
                break;
  • Alternative Version 2

{
                   if (high[pos] == low[pos] || open[pos] == close[pos] || close[pos] == close[pos + 1])
                   {
                      out[pos] = out[pos + 1];
                   }
                   else
                   {
                      out[pos] = out[pos + 1] + (tick_volume[pos] * (high[pos] - open[pos]) / (high[pos] - low[pos])) -
                         (tick_volume[pos] * (open[pos] - low[pos]) / (high[pos] - low[pos]));
                   }
                }
                break;
PS: For the accompanying traditional version (with Divergences), please see here: OBV Divergences Version.
These users thanked the author kvak for the post (total 5):
BeatlemaniaSA, ixion700, boytoy, ParallelNative, josi

Hi, Mr. Tools and Coders respectively,

I have a simple request, if possible. Can alerts be added to this indicator when the lines cross the MA line? Also, MA type 3 (usually LWMA) causes the lines to disappear. So I don't know if the indicator is coded properly. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance for your time and consideration!!!

P.S. It's basically the MT4 volume indicator with an MA applied to it, but I know you know that already...

naluvs01 wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 1:08 am Hi, Mr. Tools and Coders respectively,

I have a simple request, if possible. Can alerts be added to this indicator when the lines cross the MA line? Also, MA type 3 (usually LWMA) causes the lines to disappear. So I don't know if the indicator is coded properly. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

P.S. It's basically the MT4 volume indicator with an MA applied to it, but I know you know that already...
you might like this one, pretty sure it still works.

Ogee wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 1:26 am you might like this one, pretty sure it still works.

AllVolumeAverage_v2 600+.mq4

a3.PNGa3a.PNGa3b.PNG
Thanks for the indicator, but it has no push notifications and has 2 MAs. I just need a signal when volume enters the market. But the MA options are great. If it can be modified to have just 1 MA (or an alert on one) and push notifications added, it would be great! Thanks again.

naluvs01 wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 1:08 am Hi, Mr. Tools and Coders respectively,

By the way, I would only need alerts when it crosses above the MA, not below. I have known of some indicators to give both. Thx

ixion700 wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 4:47 am Hello dear @mrtools. I'm literally in love with this lady! If you have time could you add divergence unique id and divergence alarm please? Many thanks in forward.
It has a unique id that works for the divergence and the regular chart arrows already and added the divergence alerts.
These users thanked the author mrtools for the post (total 5):
ixion700, RodrigoRT7, Jimmy, Hashim23, josi