Re: Bollinger Bands type indicators for MT4

RodrigoRT7 wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 3:49 pm Hi Mr Tools! I hope you are well :D

Exploring another NNFX idea, is there a possibility of updating its averages from this donchian?

If possible, could you place some arrows in this crossing condition with the averages as I marked on the graph or even make a version on the graph as I put in the example above? You can even be a turtle trader with the price filter + MA :D

your donchian has some additional price filter options that are very useful :D

Last but not least, could you add the already traditional reg MAs and Lambda?

Thank you very much in advance.
Great presentation of your request! :thumbup:
These users thanked the author BeatlemaniaSA for the post:
RodrigoRT7
BEATS V5 - "Enjoy The Quiet Between Trades”

Improve Your Trading Psychology - NO FEAR, NO DOUBT

RodrigoRT7 wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 3:49 pm Hi Mr Tools! I hope you are well :D

Exploring another NNFX idea, is there a possibility of updating its averages from this donchian?

If possible, could you place some arrows in this crossing condition with the averages as I marked on the graph or even make a version on the graph as I put in the example above? You can even be a turtle trader with the price filter + MA :D

your donchian has some additional price filter options that are very useful :D

Last but not least, could you add the already traditional reg MAs and Lambda?

Thank you very much in advance.
Hello,

Arrows, alerts, and reg MAS added.
These users thanked the author mrtools for the post (total 8):
RodrigoRT7, TransparentTrader, ParallelNative, 太虚一毫, Jimmy, Krunal Gajjar, SijjiN, alexm

Bollinger Bands Breakout Oscillator
Created Jun 20, 2022
(c) LuxAlgo

The Bollinger Bands Breakout Oscillator is an oscillator returning two series quantifying the significance of breakouts between the price and the extremities of the Bollinger Bands indicator.

Each series is calculated by summing the distance between price and a respective Bollinger Bands extremity in the case price is outside this extremity and divided by the sum of the absolute distance between price and a respective extremity. This sum is done over the most recent Length bars.
Bullish breakouts are represented by the green areas of the indicator, while bearish breakouts are represented by the red areas of the indicator.
The oscillator can determine the presence of an uptrend when the bullish area is superior to the bearish area, while a downtrend is indicated by a bearish area being superior to the bullish one. The significance of the breakout is determined by the amplitude of each area, with higher amplitudes indicating more significant breakouts or strong trends.
Using higher Mult values would naturally return wider bands, which would induce less frequent breakouts, this would be highlighted by the oscillator.

SETTINGS
Length: Period of the Bollinger Bands indicator
Mult: Controls the width of the Bollinger Bands
Src: Input source of the indicator

Enjoy 😎
These users thanked the author SijjiN for the post (total 6):
boytoy, TransparentTrader, mrtools, kvak, rudiarius, RodrigoRT7

boytoy wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 10:06 pm Fascinating set of indicators you've been posting lately.... following you and really starting to become a fan of these gems you've got!!! Thank you good man 🙇‍♂️
You're more than welcome Buddy!

After becoming a profitable trader, I decided that it was about time to start giving back to this Forum ( the place that inspired me so much, and indirectly helped me on my "lonely" journey to become the trader I am now ) some of the best indis I have, that in some way or the other helped me, and some still do help me to make the final trading decisions.
As trading successfully depends 90% on the discretion and interpretation of the charts for each one of us, I will never share my templates, but for sure will always share indicators that I see value, that helped me in the past or still help me today.

Wishing always all the best for each one of you here fellow Traders!

Peace ! ;)

TEAMTRADER wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 9:29 am Here is one of my easy to follow templates. Similar to Guppy MMA only - in my opinion - more simple for those who understand how BB's work.

I have named them BMD - for Band Multiple Deviations.

The first screengrab is the initial chart with the second an hour later.

Download the template only as they are standard indicators.

TEAMTRADER
For some reason the template did not take - attached
TEAMTRADER