Are You Profitable?

Yes:)
Total votes: 9 (47%)
No:(
Total votes: 10 (53%)
Total votes: 19

HappyRe: Are You profitable

I think it's not much hard to be profitable but still I am fighting for it.
In my two years of trading I found few things and most important is mind discipline.

1. Traders lost much because of poor money management.
2. Traders repeating same mistakes every time.
3. Trading need strict discipline.
4. No place for greed and luck.
5. As xard says ' build memory muscle 'to be profitable.it's the thing we need .
6. Market not moves behind us but we move behind market.
7. Must to use htf view before taking a trade
8. Sometimes we takes a trade without confirmation ( randomly) that costs mostly.
Like any other professions, we need to be expert in this too .
When to enter ,when to exit and take profit etc
Get a good trading system with a strict money management.
You will be profitable.
These users thanked the author yoki for the post:
galaxy

Re: Are You profitable

I finally returned to the actual subject of this thread and voted "Yes." I've been trading for 14 years but did not become profitable until I became fluent in MQL4/5 languages. I cannot overstate the value of being able to build custom chart structures, custom indicators, and trading algo's. I don't share my precise strategy because I've seen that go horrible for other traders. Another shady forum removed my compiled ex5 files in an attempt to extort my source code from me, even though that forum's rules prohibited doing so. This is basically why I'm here now.

I will say that step 1 for me was building a custom chart (offline chart in the case of MT4) that made historic price swings easily identifiable to the naked eye. I've found that the best chart structures for this are Renko and/or range bar charts. Step 2 was settling on 1 custom indicator (or you could use 2 as needed for exits, etc.). I've found that if a given indicator performs well on a 4 hour chart, it will likely perform even better on a Renko or range bar chart modeled after the 4 hour chart. Step 3 was automating trading from the custom chart, and showing trade levels on the custom chart, which are not natively supported in MT5.

Generally, I assume that the kind-hearted traders who actually help people for free are the profitable traders. It was not until I worked out things for myself that I had the ability, time, energy, and desire to help others for free. Of course as Benny Hill once alluded, if I ASS-U-ME, I run the risk of making an ASS out of U and ME. :lol:
These users thanked the author JohnnyRy for the post (total 7):
galaxy, mrtools, yoki, TransparentTrader, chris006, SijjiN, kvak
“[A]s we know, there are known knowns—there are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns—that is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns—the ones we don’t know we don’t know.”—Donald Rumsfeld, 2002

Tradehunter wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 1:58 pm Im exactly the same.
We have to be missing something...
I notice xard never posts forex pairs (maybe almost never)
Maybe we are missing playing the trends, going for the 'easy money'
idk
Fundamentally stronger and longer trends
Futures is the best
S&P 500 has literally being going straight up most of the time
Its childs play
Yeshua is coming back soon
Only the truth can make free

Watch out for the poison thoughts

galaxy wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 2:10 pm Fundamentally stronger and longer trends
Futures is the best
S&P 500 has literally being going straight up most of the time
Its childs play
I should play with children then, its funner anyway. Children and women :D
But identifying strong trends is really the missing key to forex/alot of these systems.
I dont think all of forex-station has a currency strength thread. They are just scattered around
These users thanked the author Tradehunter for the post (total 2):
yoki, galaxy