Re: Trend Direction Force Index Indicators MT4

moey_dw wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 2:30 am THAT'S FANTASTIC

Looking forward to it whenever you are able to make it right.... so far have you notice it producing more signals than traditional TDFI? Possibly from using a short period JMA? I think? 🤔

Code: Select all

tdfRaw = divma * pow(averimpet, 3)
tdfAbsRaw = abs(tdfRaw)

for i = 1 to 3 * trendPeriod - 1
    cand = abs(nz(tdfRaw[i]))
    tdfAbsRaw := cand > tdfAbsRaw ? cand : tdfAbsRaw

ratio = tdfRaw / tdfAbsRaw
smooth = na
In this part

have seen the

:=
before in Pine script but not sure how to translate it to meta trader code. Think that is causing the problem, tried other work arounds I can think of but no bueno!

IdeaRe: Trend Direction Force Index Indicators MT4

mrtools wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 3:20 am In this part tdfAbsRaw := cand > tdfAbsRaw ? cand : tdfAbsRaw have seen the := before in Pine script but not sure how to translate it to meta trader code. Think that is causing the problem, tried other work arounds I can think of but no bueno!
In the Pinescript book the := is called the reassignment operator which is used to assign a new value to a previously declared variable.

SYNTAX

<var_name> := <new_value>
EXAMPLE

//@version=5
indicator("My script")

myVar = 10

if close > open
    // Modifies the existing global scope `myVar` variable by changing its value from 10 to 20.
    myVar := 20
    // Creates a new `myVar` variable local to the `if` condition and unreachable from the global scope.
    // Does not affect the `myVar` declared in global scope.
    myVar = 30

plot(myVar)
Does this help us at all? 🙏 🤔
Official Forex-station GIF animator at your service 👨‍⚖️
See a GIF with Forex-station.com on it? I probably made it
The best divergence indicator in the world.
Real news exists: Infowars.com 👈

mrtools wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 10:59 am Trend Direction Force Index (bars coloring & highlighting update) with Alerts for bar coloring Histogram

Try.

PS: For the standard version of this indicator please see here.
Hi Mr. Tools! Do you have the MQ4 file? Im using a automating tool that doesnt work with the parameters altered in the indicator, its "plug and trade" only.

I would like if i could test the parameters to fit my strategy.

Thanks in advance!

CarneiroVoador wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 10:37 am do you mind posting here?
How are you my friend, how are you? This is strictly prohibited here on the forum. :)

What is available as MT4 is already here, TDFI is one of the Top Tier indicators, I think it is almost impossible to release something like it.

Check the site rules here.
These users thanked the author RodrigoRT7 for the post (total 5):
mrtools, galaxy, kvak, moey_dw, Jimmy

mrtools wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 3:20 am

tdfRaw = divma * pow(averimpet, 3)
tdfAbsRaw = abs(tdfRaw)

for i = 1 to 3 * trendPeriod - 1
    cand = abs(nz(tdfRaw[i]))

ratio = tdfRaw / tdfAbsRaw
smooth = na
In this part

have seen the

:=
before in Pine script but not sure how to translate it to meta trader code. Think that is causing the problem, tried other work arounds I can think of but no bueno!
Hi mrtools could you please try to give it another shot 🙏
Even if just something similar you can release that may be close to the tradingview TDFI? In case you need to check my reply in regards to := in Pinescript was here and the tradingview version is here....
Official Forex-station GIF animator at your service 👨‍⚖️
See a GIF with Forex-station.com on it? I probably made it
The best divergence indicator in the world.
Real news exists: Infowars.com 👈

moey_dw wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 2:30 am THAT'S FANTASTIC

Looking forward to it whenever you are able to make it right.... so far have you notice it producing more signals than traditional TDFI? Possibly from using a short period JMA? I think? 🤔
For now this is as close as I can get with it, but to be honest not real confident about it being close to the TV version. Sometimes more than I care to admit it seems to be heading in the wrong direction.
These users thanked the author mrtools for the post (total 5):
RodrigoRT7, 太虚一毫, Jimmy, Krunal Gajjar, kvak