Re: Range Trading & Sideways Market filters for MT4

mrtools wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 2:52 am Maybe can fix it if you can post the source. The version I found was a simple ma angle converted to 0 to 1 histogram, think we have some regular ma angle histograms here in the forum if that is it.
Sure mrtools, here it is :D
Thanks i'm learn alot from you
These users thanked the author Bee for the post (total 2):
mrtools, kvak

Re: Range Trading & Sideways Market filters for MT4

Bee wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 8:55 am Sure mrtools, here it is :D
Thanks i'm learn alot from you
Simple Chop Zone

Can you try if it's any better now.

What is the Simple Chop Zone indicator?

The Simple Chop Zone was created by author Meterdown from TradingView as a substitute over TradingView's default Chop Zone indicator.
The Chop Zone, as it's name implies, is an indicator that's used to analyze trends and identify when the market is not trending and therefore hard to trade.
TradingView's "histogram" concept is based on the Dreiss Choppiness Index Oscillator by Australian commodities trader Bill (E.W.) Dreiss where:
  • The Chop Zone plots between -100/+100
  • Signals to the differences between Close price and its Exponential Moving Average (EMA)
However, the TradingView version of this indicator had limitations such as too many confusing colors and inability to use an EMA for calculation, so the author came up with this simplified version with the added ability to use EMA "Angles" for it's calculation:
  • EMA Value Uptrend and Downtrend Limits (Angle) options are for uptrend and downtrend.
  • Default values are 5 & -5.
  • If the default EMA value (Length) of 34 is changed, then the default Angle threshold for Uptrend & downtrend will no longer apply. So this is a way to change that.
  • For faster EMA's i.e. lower number than the default 34, use a higher EMA Angle value, as the EMA will tend to to rise and fall steeper. Vice versa for slower (higher number than default 34) EMA's.
The Simple Chop Zone indicator's colors represent:
  • MediumAquamarine = Uptrend
  • Crimson = Downtrend
  • DimGray = Choppy Market
PS: The default length is 34 Period for the original Chop Zone indicator.
These users thanked the author mrtools for the post (total 13):
Bee, kvak, Jimmy, moey_dw, talaate, Akela, Abdi, Krunal Gajjar, macd & rsi, FXSurf, JCCTREND, BeatlemaniaSA, Ricstar_8