Re: RSI Indicators for MT4

mrtools wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 9:04 am This is a start, the bands and now the rsi are now smoothed with the average options. Also added all the rsi's I have.
josi wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:34 pm Thanks, MrTools,
I think your old one from 2017 is still pretty good as well
My feedback is thanks from me too Mrtools but your old one was better it had those nice support resistance lines too which seems to be absent in the new version. It's a good revival but new version seems to be missing some things which I hope will be restored because this is a cracker of an indicator....

boytoy wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 12:40 am My feedback is thanks from me too Mrtools but your old one was better it had those nice support resistance lines too which seems to be absent in the new version. It's a good revival but new version seems to be missing some things which I hope will be restored because this is a cracker of an indicator....
That's the reason when I posted it, I said it was a start. The averages and rsi's added are all in strict mode, which is around 5k lines of code, so it is much easier for me to redo the calculations to make the indicator work in strict mode than it is to change the averages to not work in strict. Not only that for me it makes it much easier to convert to mt5 later. So posted this version for testing until I get time to add the rest.
These users thanked the author mrtools for the post (total 6):
josi, BeatlemaniaSA, Abdi, RodrigoRT7, kvak, boytoy

Maybe a little closer to the earlier version with arrows on color change and support/resistance(sr) line when crossing or equals to the outer levels. Just for information the earlier version had the arrows on sr levels too was thinking as long as we have the horizontal lines it was enough verification.
These users thanked the author mrtools for the post (total 5):
Krunal Gajjar, boytoy, RodrigoRT7, alexm, Leoparderic48

boytoy wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 12:40 am My feedback is thanks from me too Mrtools but your old one was better it had those nice support resistance lines too which seems to be absent in the new version. It's a good revival but new version seems to be missing some things which I hope will be restored because this is a cracker of an indicator....
I imagine that these supports and resistances are fractals. In this case, my suggestion is to use the old one to plot these supports and resistances and the one from Mr Tools with the Rsi and avgs, which will already have the effect you want. :)
Attachments

mrtools wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 1:42 am That's the reason when I posted it, I said it was a start. The averages and rsi's added are all in strict mode, which is around 5k lines of code, so it is much easier for me to redo the calculations to make the indicator work in strict mode than it is to change the averages to not work in strict. Not only that for me it makes it much easier to convert to mt5 later. So posted this version for testing until I get time to add the rest.
I did not know how complex these types of codes can be and I didn't mean to jump the gun I was just a little anxious that the new version may be missing something that made this indicator really stand out - the support and resistance lines. It's also really thoughtful that you are preparing things for MT5 conversion too, cheers and sorry if I sounded ungrateful Im not at all, was just worried about missing features
These users thanked the author boytoy for the post:
mrtools

boytoy wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 10:21 am I did not know how complex these types of codes can be and I didn't mean to jump the gun I was just a little anxious that the new version may be missing something that made this indicator really stand out - the support and resistance lines. It's also really thoughtful that you are preparing things for MT5 conversion too, cheers and sorry if I sounded ungrateful Im not at all, was just worried about missing features
Don't worry, it's all good, I appreciate, the reminders, doing house repairs and remodeling and sometimes my brain is focused on that way to much!
These users thanked the author mrtools for the post:
RodrigoRT7