Re: Metatrader 5 Versions of indicators

Ooh, my demo platform is receiving ticks (while my live broker's platform is not) so I was able to test. Now for real, this is my last post today because I have to get cleaned up and make stuffed mushrooms and cheddar biscuits before my wife returns for Christmas dinner. Local and global scope variables act differently in MT4 versus MT5. After moving them all to the global scope, version 5 looks 100% ok, attached.
These users thanked the author JohnnyRy for the post (total 2):
mrtools, Trinisan
“[A]s we know, there are known knowns—there are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns—that is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns—the ones we don’t know we don’t know.”—Donald Rumsfeld, 2002

Here's a converted volatility indicator. "White caps" on the waves show high volatility. Credits to original works appear in the source code.
These users thanked the author JohnnyRy for the post:
Abdi
“[A]s we know, there are known knowns—there are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns—that is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns—the ones we don’t know we don’t know.”—Donald Rumsfeld, 2002

My continued testing showed that zz-nrp-aa-indicator_v5 has a bar lookback (ZZHistory input) error that displayed all bars, causing flicker due to too many chart objects. It was also drawing a premature zigzag to the current bar causing false alerts. Fixed in version 6, attached.

Re: Metatrader 5 Versions of indicators.

mrtools wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:18 am From Mladen :::

One more from the creations of John Ehlers.

Best described by Ehlers himself:

John Ehlers:

Take EMA of price (better, a 3 Pole filter).
Take the difference (delta) between Price and its EMA.
Take an EMA of delta (or a 3 Pole filter):
Smoothing will help reduce whipsaws.
Ideally, smoothing introduces no major trend mode lag because delta is detrended.
Add the smoothed delta to EMA for a zero lag curve.
Add 2*(smoothed delta) to EMA for a smoother predictive line.
Greetings Fam
I'm looking for Range Action Verification Index (((((WITH ALERTS)))) for mt5

The one that I have ((created by Mladen)) doesn't have alerts when the colour changes from Green to red

Do u have it in your archive or would u please help me by adding alerts so that i will be notified when the colour changes

Re: Metatrader 5 Versions of indicators.

rowlence wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 11:51 pm Greetings Fam
I'm looking for Range Action Verification Index (((((WITH ALERTS)))) for mt5

The one that I have ((created by Mladen)) doesn't have alerts when the colour changes from Green to red

Do u have it in your archive or would u please help me by adding alerts so that i will be notified when the colour changes
Added alerts to Mladen's version, please verify if they are working.
These users thanked the author mrtools for the post:
josi

Here's a trend strength filter with directional bias built-in which I converted from MT4 to MT5. Source code for MT4 is at mql5.com. Credit to the original MT4 coder is the unchanged indicator name. Combining chart window indicator calls with subwindow indicator calls created some strange code conflicts, so the additional indicators below are required as well. All files must be copied into your MQL5\Indicators folder.

Slope indicates trend strength, and histogram colors indicate price direction. Light colors indicate counter trend resistance.

zz-nrp-aa-indicator_v6 stalled in my continued testing. Fixed in version 7, attached.
These users thanked the author JohnnyRy for the post:
mrtools

LikeRe: Metatrader 5 Versions of indicators

JohnnyRy wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 7:31 am My continued testing showed that zz-nrp-aa-indicator_v5 has a bar lookback (ZZHistory input) error that displayed all bars, causing flicker due to too many chart objects. It was also drawing a premature zigzag to the current bar causing false alerts. Fixed in version 6, attached.

zz-nrp-aa-indicator_v6.ex5
Thank you very much Johnny Ry i will be backtesting later today. God bless

Musariri Ndlovu wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 3:40 pm Thank you very much Johnny Ry i will be backtesting later today. God bless
You're most welcome, Musariri. Version 6 had an error. Version 7 is directly above your post. I recommend using v7.