Re: Bollinger Bands type indicators for MT4

kvak wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 10:38 am High Low Bands with Color Filling on Overbought/Oversold Zones

If I understand correctly, test this version.....
High Low Bands with Color Filling on Overbought/Oversold Zones with MA Filters (Averages Pack)

Pm request for updating indicator with averages pack.
These users thanked the author kvak for the post (total 8):
TransparentTrader, BeatlemaniaSA, thomdel, Jimmy, ParallelNative, Krunal Gajjar, Abdi, GoldenBrett90

Abdi wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 10:00 pm Kvak, can we please get a button on this?
Looks really good. Thank you!

If you have to take out something, i really don need the filling.
You can manually delete any filled color settings, yourself.
This and the original was my idea.
What I do is delete the filled color in the center, which is the area between the high and low of the MA, but keep the filled color for the furthest extremes of bands from the additional high and low deviations.
It's meant to be used for a more accurate understanding of overbought and oversold by measuring multiple deviations away from the Median of the MA.
These users thanked the author GoldenBrett90 for the post (total 3):
kvak, Jimmy, Abdi
My goal is to make advanced algorithm strategies, coded and simplified.
Trading psychology and ease-of-use are top priorities.

-GoldenBrett90

mrtools wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 2:50 am Mtf added.
Hi! Mrtools if possible, please make some additions to indicator BBflat - sw avgs histo (mtf + alerts + arrows + fill).ex4
I need:
1) add arrows to the signal line at the intersection with the color histogram.
2) It is possible to highlight this area with color or vertical lines, maybe arrows (and alerts). That is, I need to highlight this area somehow - after the bollinger breakdown and before the signal line crosses (second picture).

I still think this is one of the best indicators. If there is no opportunity or desire to refine the indicator, please upload the MQ4 file (I understand that it is not according to the rules of the forum). I'll try to finalize something on my own and if I get something clear, I'll post it.
Attachments

GoldenBrett90 wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 8:37 am You can manually delete any filled color settings, yourself.
This and the original was my idea.
All good GeldenBrett. I like the idea. Thx
How do you use it in your trading?

It's just that sometimes, when the code geht's to long, Kvak has to take some thing out to add new features.
Here it was not the case.

And as alwas, great job Kvak. Thank you very much!
These users thanked the author Abdi for the post:
GoldenBrett90

MDX wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 7:05 pm Hi! Mrtools if possible, please make some additions to indicator BBflat - sw avgs histo (mtf + alerts + arrows + fill).ex4
I need:
1) add arrows to the signal line at the intersection with the color histogram.
2) It is possible to highlight this area with color or vertical lines, maybe arrows (and alerts). That is, I need to highlight this area somehow - after the bollinger breakdown and before the signal line crosses (second picture).

I still think this is one of the best indicators. If there is no opportunity or desire to refine the indicator, please upload the MQ4 file (I understand that it is not according to the rules of the forum). I'll try to finalize something on my own and if I get something clear, I'll post it.

Hi,

Added signal cross arrows and alerts about part 2 not sure how to do that, but if I figure it out will add something.
These users thanked the author mrtools for the post (total 6):
josi, RodrigoRT7, talaate, Krunal Gajjar, MDX, Mickey Abi

Abdi wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 7:25 pm All good GeldenBrett. I like the idea. Thx
How do you use it in your trading?

It's just that sometimes, when the code geht's to long, Kvak has to take some thing out to add new features.
Here it was not the case.

And as alwas, great job Kvak. Thank you very much!
I haven't explored many of the exotic MA's within this concept, yet, but for awhile now I've just been using 7-period LWMA set to Median and I delete the interior color filling between the first high and low.
When price touches the outer bands, you can expect a pullback, or it's a sign of a very strong trend depending on what your settings are for the deviations.
In addition to this, I also use the confluence of supply & demand zones.

I pretty much just use it as a more accurate way to determine overextended moves away from the "mean" / area-of-value, in order to know when price is likely to retrace, or even reverse when supply & demand becomes an influence.

It's a tool for "mean-reversion" and trend trading.
These users thanked the author GoldenBrett90 for the post:
Abdi
My goal is to make advanced algorithm strategies, coded and simplified.
Trading psychology and ease-of-use are top priorities.

-GoldenBrett90