Re: A New Trading Game (chaos game) Played for Money and Played in Risk- Free Space

temporalmotif wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 4:40 am Dear Creators of the tool,

Curious to hear thoughts.

Much Love
Thank you sir for your open appreciation of effort it is both motivating and humbling at the same time, in that our commitment to you as a person is not defined by our personal knowledge of you but only by our common humanity and therefore very refreshing in light of the abuse from crude and pretty base members that come around the thread to shower nonsense on us just based on their backward and uncivilised existence. So we thank you. Yes time, just four letters but a critically important aspect of all things in which humans are involved with because in fact it is our basic capital when you think of it, as it easily equates to life.

One of the things that admired most about Mandelbrot’s thinking in explaining his fractal model of the market was his handling of this very topic. His fractal model was rooted in fractal geometry and he did not consider chaos directly as we do (that is he did not involve chaos at all in his model). But he felt almost sorry for traders and wondered aloud how traders managed to cope mentally with the much distorted experience of time we as traders cope with everyday. Do not know if you trade Gold, but look at the amount of time and rate of change involved in the spike high on new week open and then the time involved in the clean out of the very same move by the drop we have had since that top. Think about how it must affect our minds as traders trying to manage trades. So that was the aspect he was concerned with directly since he had to write equations that incorporated such distortions in order to correctly represent the phenomenon in his fractal model.

I was always intrigued by his thinking around that but consider also that this is simply a phenomenon in which the amount of time is fixed but the rate of movement varied radically in that fixed amount of time which is the distorting and disorienting effect we feel as traders and which really makes us jumpy and ever so uncertain of our decisions because we can never know what the cross of the two variables time and rate of change would be ahead at point – so when you enter a trade it is difficult to make judgements about it and day in day out it this should stress out any human (another aspect again of the effects of time probably).

In our case and given that our model is not strictly defining fractal behaviour but assuming it within a chaotic system and therefore focused on the two simple behaviours that define price in chaos (folding and stretching), we know that a fold can go on almost like forever with a great degree of intermittency in the amount of time that the folding phase persists and we also know that on swing out of FLE it can be just moments and the spike event occurs and the move is over. Just like what happened in the case of Gold going up on open (I actually think that if one did not have Orbit the Tool to have read the priming of that move correctly by the Screenface register at close Friday and on open Sunday, it was simply untradeable even as profitable as it turned out be and then given such fireworks most traders would be too distracted by the memory of the up action to have confidently traded the much slower and even more deceptive drop to lows that has lasted until now).

So to cut a long story short, I think generally that clock time is fixed (24 hours), and market time is split between folding time and stretching time. And given that both are unpredictable our focus on chaotic behaviour and the explanation of it in the new paper I just finished and posted is one important sense of considering the effects of “time,” and that is when you cross it with speeds of translation in the given behaviours of folding and stretching. Also managing it by knowledge of chaotic behaviour is I think a constructive proposal and that is why I stressed as much as I could the “shape” and delved very much into FLE behaviours to make traders much more focused on structure and less distracted by the noise from “stone age” trading and their fallacious scarecrows. Because we might as traders anticipate “time management” better in terms of timing trades and reacting to the different translation speeds better once we learn and keep chaotic structure top of mind. Outside of such considerations frankly, time is pretty difficult to directly perceive not to mention analyse in terms of its effects on the dynamics of the market. I may not have addressed your issues directly or answered your question but I hope if not I have at least added some things about time in market dynamics to think about. Thank you again and cheers.

The Crow (_-_) Inverted: Likes the question very much.
These users thanked the author Darkdoji for the post:
solarian

Re: A New Trading Game (chaos game) Played for Money and Played in Risk- Free Space

ForexFux wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 9:29 pm Hi,
I have reinstalled MT4 and the Orbit template yesterday. Unfortunately, there are some errors, which you can see on the attached screenshot.

Somebody knows a what the problem is?
Try this post1295501822.html#p1295501822
Also try to down load the template on page 1 and see if it will work along with this solution or ask @ImplaNT
(-_-)

PS: Check PM
These users thanked the author Darkdoji for the post (total 2):
ForexFux, ImpLaNT

ForexFux wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 9:29 pm Hi,
I have reinstalled MT4 and the Orbit template yesterday. Unfortunately, there are some errors, which you can see on the attached screenshot.

Somebody knows a what the problem is?
I always have only one piece of advice... Use Orbit only in a separate terminal, without adding any other windows with other charts and templates. The portable version of MT4, which I posted somewhere in this thread, is perfect for these purposes. A clean terminal with nothing but Orbit.
These users thanked the author ImpLaNT for the post (total 2):
Darkdoji, ForexFux

The play is still FLE in Gold and the shape and projection of the shape is still as here post1295529060.html#p1295529060. So for those following we see the highlight so far in FLE play in the M30 Black Head high (Tokyo) to black head low at the time of post (1965 points) and some upward movement off of this low headed into news time 13:00 GMT. What is interesting is that given the shape 1965 points in FLE (though all chopped up, i.e. fractured in the folding space is still a good trade for anyone who a) traded on the basis of black to black head (i.e. Y MUST = X). but of course the choppy movement in FLE has been such that most traders would have simply scalped parts if at all). I have not traded at all as my preference is to trade off of clear H4 pivots. Examples are i) if we have a swing out off of current H4 2Y low in range ii) A risk-free W1 pivot returning lower on the first scenario or the best from my point of view a change in the shape off of the 2Y Low which will be a long term trade (however there is still a negatively pointed shape so that will not be the most expected trade at this point but possible). But my point of course is we can see all of this with our eyes and confirm market disposition from Screenface and so the choice depends on the trader and reading the current shape by Screenface or any associated changes to the shape. So it is all very simple really and as described in the Blue Screen note. Just a thought

(-_-)

So we know the shape under the Command and we know the behaviour of price within the shape so now it is a question of following Orbit Screen face. Most important we know risky and risk-free sides of trades. So let us trade.

(-_-)

PS: Pick your entry I am waiting to do the same if conditions change we can read and adjust so no need to be scared. Happy trading
These users thanked the author Darkdoji for the post:
ImpLaNT