Re: Trend Indicators for MT4

selvakumaran wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 1:43 am Mr. Tools brother,
I have tried alert on current candle, such situation I get too many alerts only I don't get arrow or color change happening.
I'm expecting lines, arrow, color change, alert all at same time ( I trade on 1 min duration brother) pls do the needful.
Try the alerts now.

arbalest wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 1:14 am mrtools, I want to make a request again
Could you please add the mtf function to this indicator (including custom time frame to use in offline chart)
Thanks
Trading The Trend (indicator version) with MTF + Arrows & Alerts

This is an updated version with Candlesticks of (Mladen's) Trading the trend indicator by Andrew Abraham.

This system was originally designed to help new traders with multiple timeframe analysis. Here is an excerpt from the attached article:

Multiple Time Frames
To enhance our performance in this strategy, we can use a
dual time frame. We look to a higher time frame to identify
the trend and only want to trade in that direction. In Figure 4,
we can see we are in a downtrend as well as a downwave on
the five-minute chart of the Standard & Poor’s 500 index, so
we only look to take trades to the short side on the one-minute
chart (Figure 5). We are short from approximately 11:30 in
the morning to the close. The trader looks to the lower time
frame to actually find the trades in the same direction of the
higher time frame.

Mtf added to this version.
These users thanked the author mrtools for the post (total 12):
kvak, arbalest, Jimmy, Desatar, Krunal Gajjar, eduarescobar, RodrigoRT7, ParallelNative, Akela, michaelB, RockRobb, alexm

mrtools wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 9:14 am Made the histo 4 color and added a button.
Tested this today on last 2 years of EURUSD daily chart data.
For entries (bar and line change to darker color), the arrows and alert work well.

For exits (bar and line change to lighter color) there weren't any arrows or alerts so I had to monitor the color changes visually.
Could you add alerts for transition from dark to light? Or when exiting a strong trend period?

2 year roi was about 6% with very little drawdown on default settings. Good performance, but the indicator was a little choppy and I missed exits. If anyone knows which settings they have tested would be interested to know.
These users thanked the author kbs for the post:
RockRobb