Re: G channel

Jimmy wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 7:16 pm Hi mate, Kvak has made a huge effort in helping you out already, and with so many requests in such little time, we really need to see you make some effort to contribute and at least give some feedback about the free coding Kvak has provided for you in the past. To be honest, we've seen no contribution from you except requests for free work and I'm hoping this will change.

I'm going to have to ask you one last time to read this link before you post a request again: Why was I banned from Forex Station? 🚷

Thanks.
Point taken. I wll do my best in the future to make more contribution to the site.
These users thanked the author Itsart3 for the post (total 2):
Jimmy, RodrigoRT7

Re: Bollinger Bands type indicators for MT4

GoldenBrett90 wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 7:15 am Just a simple question...
Has anyone ever made a moving-average indicator that shows multiple MA deviations from the HIGH/LOW of a moving-average?

Dumb question? Smart question? I don't know...
Does it make sense?
The concept is like having many MA lines above and below the original MA that are the same distance away from each other as an MA that's set to high or low from the main MA...

It's like an "MA Rainbow", except instead of using different periods, use "MA set to high, high2, high3, etc", or "MA set to low, low2, low3, etc".

In my years of indicator collecting, I don't think I've ever seen such a concept, only Bollinger Band type of indicators, channel indicators, MA Rainbows, etc...

There are surely more around just quickly did this version.
These users thanked the author mrtools for the post (total 4):
SijjiN, talaate, TransparentTrader, RodrigoRT7

Re: Bollinger Bands type indicators for MT4

Tradehunter wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 1:17 pm Isnt it just the levels in the standard MT4 MA?
That would be close to what I mean!
Except I should've been more clear...
  • Take 3 MA's... Same period, but set to High, Median, Low.
  • Measure the distance between the Median and the High, and the Median and the Low.
  • You'd code it by measuring pips, which can be done in code.
  • Take that number of pips between the two and then duplicate that distance away from the High and Low to form "High2" MA, "Low2" MA, etc, according to how many levels of deviations you want.
It's pretty much just having more levels further away from the Median MA than just the High and Low.

I don't see how this couldn't be useful for measuring overextended moves away from the "mean", the Median.
If price is 2 or 3 High or Low deviations away from the Median, then you can expect a pullback, of course.

It's not perfect, but the idea can be expanded on and possibly coded.
The final concept could definitely be better than awful Bollinger Bands... Blah.
These users thanked the author GoldenBrett90 for the post:
Jimmy
My goal is to make advanced algorithm strategies, coded and simplified.
Trading psychology and ease-of-use are top priorities.

-GoldenBrett90

CodeRe: Bollinger Bands type indicators for MT4

GoldenBrett90 wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 3:41 pm That would be close to what I mean!
Except I should've been more clear...
  • Take 3 MA's... Same period, but set to High, Median, Low.
  • Measure the distance between the Median and the High, and the Median and the Low.
  • You'd code it by measuring pips, which can be done in code.
  • Take that number of pips between the two and then duplicate that distance away from the High and Low to form "High2" MA, "Low2" MA, etc, according to how many levels of deviations you want.
It's pretty much just having more levels further away from the Median MA than just the High and Low.

I don't see how this couldn't be useful for measuring overextended moves away from the "mean", the Median.
If price is 2 or 3 High or Low deviations away from the Median, then you can expect a pullback, of course.

It's not perfect, but the idea can be expanded on and possibly coded.
The final concept could definitely be better than awful Bollinger Bands... Blah.
Maybe this simple version.....
These users thanked the author kvak for the post (total 8):
yoki, TransparentTrader, BeatlemaniaSA, mrtools, Jimmy, DVanAssen, GoldenBrett90, ParallelNative