Re: A New Trading Game (chaos game) Played for Money and Played in Risk- Free Space

Hi Davie T1 where have you been? Its been a while. So far I am stuck and very frustrated because time is going and I cannot do any work with the live symbols available. There was of course a symbol name change about an hour to market open. First thing that happened was all screens went blank then the usual "waiting for updates" which never came even after market open. Second, and after refreshing market watch I saw that there was a name change to the CFD handles (across all my platforms), and now I have Bitcoin instead of the former BTCUSD I doubt this might be the source of the problem but you never know. I am confused as hell - tried everything I know but still stuck.
Thanks though for the feedback your side.

(-_-)
These users thanked the author Darkdoji for the post:
Chickenspicy

Re: A New Trading Game (chaos game) Played for Money and Played in Risk- Free Space

Darkdoji wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 1:39 am HELP PLEASE!
I need help and urgently too if anyone out there knows the solution. Never had this problem before but I am having it now with Orbit. Raw charts load on my trading console and work. But when I load Orbit I get an apparent error message "Downloading History."

I have done everything I know and there is no solution but that is for crypto pairs streaming right now. And this is across all my 10 platforms and 2 of 3 brokers (1 broker does not offer Crypto). Also note pairs not streaming or trading right now load Orbit no problem but then again do not know what will happen when they do because Gold and Euro loaded Orbit no problem but none of the Crypto pairs that are live would load Orbit and all say the same thing "downloading history."

This is a very wrong time to be having this problem as I need to complete stuff promised but cannot progress at all at this point. Others have had this problem on the thread but cannot find where they posted how they resolved it. Do not also know if all instances are the same. Kindly help to guide me if anyone has a solution or understands where the problem is coming from and what I might do to resolve it. Thank you in advance.

(-_-)
Maybe try this script.

Also maybe here
These users thanked the author mrtools for the post (total 4):
Darkdoji, Chickenspicy, solarian, Jimmy

Darkdoji wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 3:32 am Hi Davie T1 where have you been? Its been a while. So far I am stuck and very frustrated because time is going and I cannot do any work with the live symbols available. There was of course a symbol name change about an hour to market open. First thing that happened was all screens went blank then .............
I am always here, just never usually login and not been trading much as not been too well lately.
Try mrtools script, if that doesn't work check the EA to see if it handles a change in the crypto names.

Davie
These users thanked the author Dave111 for the post:
Darkdoji

Darkdoji wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 1:39 am HELP PLEASE!
I need help and urgently too if anyone out there knows the solution. Never had this problem before but I am having it now with Orbit. Raw charts load on my trading console and work. But when I load Orbit I get an apparent error message "Downloading History."

I have done everything I know and there is no solution but that is for crypto pairs streaming right now. And this is across all my 10 platforms and 2 of 3 brokers (1 broker does not offer Crypto). Also note pairs not streaming or trading right now load Orbit no problem but then again do not know what will happen when they do because Gold and Euro loaded Orbit no problem but none of the Crypto pairs that are live would load Orbit and all say the same thing "downloading history."

This is a very wrong time to be having this problem as I need to complete stuff promised but cannot progress at all at this point. Others have had this problem on the thread but cannot find where they posted how they resolved it. Do not also know if all instances are the same. Kindly help to guide me if anyone has a solution or understands where the problem is coming from and what I might do to resolve it. Thank you in advance.

(-_-)
Hi, i solved the same problem by manually changing the timeframe of the chart, one by one from the one i used the Orbit to all the higher timeframes.

Hope this helps...
These users thanked the author johnere for the post (total 2):
Chickenspicy, Darkdoji

mrtools wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 3:45 am Maybe try this script.

Also maybe here
Thanks so much ! I successfully executed the script and got the Orbit to work again.
1. Ran the script initially.
2. Opened the history folder. (selecting 'File', then 'Open Data Folder'. In the data folder, select 'history' folder)
3. Closed MT4.
4. Deleted history folder.
5. Restarted MT5 and saw that Orbit was working again.

BEFORE:
Attachments
AFTER AFTER
These users thanked the author solarian for the post:
Darkdoji

Mescalito wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 2:08 pm What about this issue, I load the template and the orbit tool expert detaches itself and the error "initialization failed" appears, I don´t think this has anything to do with history, the expert is just not working for me..

That issue is possibly related to using an expired or no longer supported version where you get the initialization failed message. You can try searching for another or more recent version by clicking the attachments tab on the forum thread where you can then filter/select 'Indicator & EA files" to download another Orbit The Tool - Seal3.ex4 file.
In my case, the EA and screenface get initialized per below. Also attaching the EA I have that works.
These users thanked the author solarian for the post:
Mescalito