Re: XARD - Simple Trend Following Trading System

xard777 wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 10:10 am Had some spare time on my hands and reworked the scalp code slightly.
Will try it out next week and let you all know how I get on.
Xard777
It looks great to me, as per usual; good work - tighter moving averages make it easier for me, and faster change in candle colour. :problem:

Happy testing this week.

I am off to Okinawa on the 7th for a few weeks for Karate and will not be trading as I will be focusing on training. Looking forward to testing when I get back.

Thanks, Xard.
These users thanked the author Musashi for the post:
LorenzoNexus
Don't settle with hitting your Goal - Aim to Smash It!!! - XARD777

Looking forward to giving your scalp version a run. Thanks for thinking of the kids on the short bus (scalpers)!

I have been using a mix up of yours and Beatle's for a while. Recently tried it with a 1 TF higher second chart, with only the V71 RSI/Spike visible from higher TF. Love it, so far.
These users thanked the author DaveTrader for the post (total 6):
xard777, Skyold, VespaTrader, Paddygir, stond, eduarescobar

Using the 1 TF higher RSI as your bias, when in scalping mode, has been very solid. For those with very limited chart time, what's going on "right now" takes an increasing piece of the pie.

It's understood that another way to tackle limited chart time is to go the other direction and focus on higher TF's. Lack of entries and/or big pullbacks made that a frustrating endeavor for me.
These users thanked the author DaveTrader for the post (total 2):
Chickenspicy, Paddygir

xard777 wrote: Sat Jul 01, 2023 1:20 am Analyzing both DOW & GOLD we can clearly see that we are looking for Buying opportunities today.
On the 15min TFs both backgrounds are Blue (coming off the bottom Arrow Dots/Orange ZigZag lines from previous trading days).

So when you have a Blue background screen you are looking for Blue midsize Dots/White ZigZag lines bottom markers for signs of potential change in direction to the UP side. You do not actually enter at the Blue Dot. Instead, you WAIT for price to cross the EMA lines going UP and the Candles to change color to Blue for our BUY entries.

This way the Blue Background, the Blue Semafors, and the Blue EMAs are all in sync giving you your Daily Directional intra-day BUY Trade.

The opposite is true when you have a top Arrow Dot and you are looking for Pink midsize Dots/top markers for signs of potential change in direction to the DOWN side. You WAIT for price to cross the EMA line going DOWN and the Candles to change color to Pink for our SELL entries.

This way the Red Background, the Pink Semafors, and the Orange EMAs are all in sync giving you your Daily Directional intra-day SELL Trade.

It is not rocket science, just common sense WAITING, watching and seizing the moment.
Trading should be visually simple to grasp, follow and master.
I will post this setup on July 4th 2023.
Xard777

NB In this version I have taken a leaf out of BeatleManiaSA handbook and used EMAs 5 & 13
(can be changed back to 9/36 from input menu).

Hi. Where can I find beatlemanias book, and what is the most popular settings for XARD candle EMA's (I can Google, but I want to know from experienced traders here-more accurate. Are certain settings better for certain pairs or asset classes?
These users thanked the author Fibtree for the post (total 2):
Skyold, nitipon1za
“A good name is to be chosen rather than great riches, loving favor rather than silver and gold.” Proverbs 22:1

Made some minor changes and will go with this scalp setup this week.
Will let you know how I get on.
Xard777
Attachments
XARD: If Carlsberg made charts... Probably the best charts in the world