Re: XARD - Simple Trend Following Trading System

Maffe wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 7:15 pm Thank you very much, I was refering to the current price. I took an entry and unfortunatly it was a loss, but please enlighten me if it was not according to the rules

again I highly apperciate your detailed response
No worries man. Yeah, you always want to be extra careful when trading Gold. Especially on a 1M timeframe. It's easier to say what one should've done in hindsight so I'll try my best to pretend I only see this chart up until when the bearish crossover happened.

Here are tips from my experience with this system.
1) In the indicator settings, turn go to the ADR indicator and set all lines except "ShowCloseLines" to true. This way it is easier to see areas of interest. If you look at where you were trading, you were just above the area for buy entries; look to the right of the chart and you will see "Buy", "Open" and "Sell". I used to trade solely off those levels when there was a corresponding MA crossover and it worked well but often stopped me out before continuing the trend. Combine those areas of interest with 2nd dot entries and your win rate will improve.

You were in the buy zone and while a strong sell can happen from that point, it's not usually in your favor from my experience. Grey dots indicate minor pullbacks while blue/pink dots are stronger pullbacks/potential reversals. Ideally, you should've waited for a pink dot as opposed to a regular grey dot. That and you are quite far from the sell zone.

2)Most versions in this section if not all are pretty much the same, but with different ways of showing the trend. This latest setup is still good but for beginners, I personally wouldn't recommend it. Other versions have better oscillator indicators in the sub-window for filtering out false moves/fake outs.
See my attached image. It's the exact same spot as yours but using V65. A green open line is in favour of buys, the ZZ line is still moving upwards, and in the sub-window, you have a blue spike indicating a reversal, and the point of entry seems invalid just by looking at it. Notice the grey candles. And also in the sub-window, the yellow line crosses over the red which actually supports a buy trend.
I encourage you to backtest with different versions and see which best suits your trading style(what pairs and TFs you like to trade). You will find that some are better for you than others.

3) Use Oscillator indis for filtering. In V65, the green and red blocks support their respective trends, if it is blank or opposite to what you are planning on trading, don't take the trade. I underlined them in the sub window.
Attachments

Hello.

I finished my first year of back test using last version V66 on NASDAQ.
Started on 01/01/2021 and end 01/01/2022.
I take entries using second dot and trying follow trend.

Some information:
Main charts used are H1 and M15.
Account initial balance 10.000.
All entries are using 1% of account.
First target: TP 1:2RR where i take partial 80% of position, put order on BE and let 20% run.
Some times i put my SL on LAST DOT, sometimes i used last PINK/BLUE DOT, and sometimes i used the TOP/BOTTON SQUARE.
I´m doing this back test with focus on funding companies like FTMO / My Forex Funding / U Profit and they have rules of Daily Drawdown and Monthly Drawdown, normally is 5% of DD on DAY and 12% of DD on Month on MFF.
Many entries in Stoploss, are possible to avoided but i´m looking to the bad results, accepting my loses and keeping my account balance inside of limits.

RESULTS: . . .
If you are a analytic person, you can review all entries on this excel file, entries without observation are Stoploss in the most part of time. If you are a visual person use the save files below to see entries on chart.
. .
Below you are find the files of saved simulation, remember to download data of NASDAQ before 2021 on simulator, to load saved files.
On the first half of year i just done one save, after this i saved month by month.
You can use this files to load on Simulator and review all entries if you desire, if you do this, please share a screenshot with you consideration to improve entry or exit points, or any consideration.
. . . . .
I hope this information help you to understand how to use the system and help me to improve to use system properly.
Today i will start 2022 using M15 and M5/M1 Charts, trying take max 3 entries per day and with better results.
Tks again Mr. XARD777 to share you system with us, you are amazing!
These users thanked the author RollerAndTrading for the post (total 5):
ffsss, Forexlearner, AleIcs, VespaTrader, Desatar

Giangyforex wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 3:04 am The experiment with XARD SMC ;)
I have something in my heart to say, the SMC indicators on the market are far inferior to hand-painted by myself
Be patient therefore, brethren, until the coming of the Lord. Behold, the husbandman waiteth for the precious fruit of the earth: patiently bearing till he receive the early and latter rain.
Behold, we account them blessed who have endured. You have heard of the patience of Job, and you have seen the end of the Lord, that the Lord is merciful and compassionate.

Following my back test.
January 2022 - 16,02% Profit.
Entry with 1% of account. Target 1:3 and out with 80% of position, let 20% run until accumulate 1000USD in total of partials or take out on BE.
All entries are documented on Screenshot folders with Simulation Saved.
I will restart balance every month, considering my withdrawal of funded account.
So this month for a 10K funded account, they pay 80% of profits, in this case 1601.59 X 80% = 1281,27 USD.
. .
On the ZIP file you will find: Saved Simulation file, resume of month and images with all entries and exits for buy and sell. . .
I hope this help you and me to be more confident with system.
These users thanked the author RollerAndTrading for the post:
VespaTrader

xard777 wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2023 3:12 am OOps! My Bad...
Here is a fix for the TRENDBOX indy (courtesy of kvak).

Simply copy it over to Indicators/XU-66 folder and restart MT4
Should work a treat and match the TREND HISTO in the sub-window & EMA RIBBONS in the main chart.
This upgraded indy should complete this version.
Enjoy
Xard777
Hi Xard ,
thank you for sharing your fantastic ideas and hard work. I really like the choice of preference between square and arrow. I would like to ask if it is possible to use preference between square and arrow in XU-v64 XARD UNIVERSE or 65 version

XARD: Here is version 64 upgraded
These users thanked the author RYSIO for the post:
Erebøs_X

Hello everyone.

Thanks xard for this great system.

I have three system questions, they confuse me a lot:

1. The large bias square that corresponds to: (TimeFrame) TF+1 or TF+2 or TF+3, that is, if I operate in the M5 time frame, the large square corresponds or is interpreted as the bias of M15 or M30 or H1 or M5??

2. How is interpreted or what does the small gray dot mean? How is it different from the blue and pink dot?

Optional:

3. Any recommendation to place an optimal stop loss.

Thank you all and it's good that you help me with those doubts that confuse me.

Greetings to all