Re: MT4 Indicator requests and ideas

mrtools wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 2:27 am Sorry it's decompiled but looks like a rsi with a ma of rsi think we have some in the forum also with mtf.
Thank you, mrtools. Actually I'm a bit confused. Usually if it's a decompiled version, it says so on the header, with no references to copy rights.
This one says nothing about being decompiled and mentions all the copy right references. Thus I thought there was nothing wrong with it.
These users thanked the author RplusT for the post:
mrtools

Re: MT4 Indicator requests and ideas

RplusT wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 4:13 pm Thank you, mrtools. Actually I'm a bit confused. Usually if it's a decompiled version, it says so on the header, with no references to copy rights.
This one says nothing about being decompiled and mentions all the copy right references. Thus I thought there was nothing wrong with it.
Yeah, sometimes the person who decompiled removes the header left by the decompile program for whatever reason.

Check here

Code: Select all

G_ibuf_136[Li_40] = iRSI(NULL, 0, RsiPeriod, PRICE_CLOSE, Li_40); 
that is decompiled language guess you could call it, normally it will be something like this

rsi[i] = iRSI(NULL, 0, RsiPeriod, PRICE_CLOSE,i); 
next decompiled line

G_ibuf_140[Li_40] = iMAOnArray(G_ibuf_136, 0, MaPeriod, 0, MaType, Li_40);  
regular human style

rsiMa[i] = iMAOnArray(rsi,0, MaPeriod, 0, MaType, i);  
Also Jimmy explains it very good here

Personally, don't know why it was even decompiled when the open source is available here and elsewhere.
These users thanked the author mrtools for the post (total 2):
RplusT, Jimmy

Re: Relative Trend Index MT4 Indicator request

mrtools wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 6:37 am No, just don't know how to bypass the array.push and array.new, it's not available in mt4 or 5 but imagine there is away around that just don't know.
kvak wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 4:20 am It is only about my knowledge.......I have little experience with TV code.....I will definitely continue...

kvak, mrtools, is there any way to overcome the array issues in coding the Relative Trend Index for MT4? Or can it simply not be done using MQL4 code?