Re: Supertrend indicators for MT4

thomdel wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 5:18 pm @ mrtools

Respected Sir,

Request you to Please have a look at this Indicator : Super Trend averages (mtf + alerts + candles) : this was created by you in the past.

Please Note :
We are keeping : All New Options added now as : false : by default : So that the output is similar to your Original Indicator & new options do not alter your Original Indicator output in any way.

If you find below options useful for all users then Request you to : Please Add : Attached Pic ***

1 - 1a) Your full set of averages : if possible
1 - 1b) Use Mid Price Period : false
1 - 1c) Mid price period : 36

2 - 2a) Double smoothed averages : false *
2 - 2b) Double smoothed averages : false *

3) filter to use for filtering (<=0 - no filtering) : 0.0 *

4) Use multiplier : false *
5) Atr/Std multiplier : 2.0 ( If this is not used in code then please : give this option // If this is hardcoded then please : give user input )

6) Button

Thanks a Lot.
Thanks for your Time, efforts, generosity, shares.
Thanks.

Working on it not sure if i can get everything you ask, but will try.
These users thanked the author mrtools for the post:
thomdel

mrtools wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:40 pm Working on it not sure if i can get everything you ask, but will try.
Try! Added the newest averages, vhf adaption, and double smoothing, with this type of super trend not able to add the multiplier.
These users thanked the author mrtools for the post (total 9):
RodrigoRT7, alif, Jimmy, Krunal Gajjar, nbibu, kvak, yoki, thomdel, Akela

mrtools wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 4:01 pm Try! Added the newest averages, vhf adaption, and double smoothing, with this type of super trend not able to add the multiplier.

Edit: Extremely Sorry : My bad that in order to add options I got this indicator bad.

Respected Sir,

Thanks for the consideration. Checked the new Indicator.

Please Note : I tried with same parameters in these Indicators. The idea was to have these parameters to experiment / tweak.

But it turned out to be diff & the Signals are getting delayed in some instances.

Is output diff because of : Mid Price : heiken ashi close : which was present in Original Indicator is missing.
Or
Is this because of some of the newly added option.

Sir, if possible :
Please Retain the Original Indicator and add these options in such a way that the Original Output is not altered unless we change the new options.
Or
Else : Addition of button to the Original Indicator will also help. : Edit

Note : Attached is : SuperTrend averages 2.6 : which has these options.

Thanks for your Time, efforts, generosity.
Thanks a Lot.

thomdel wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 4:44 pm Respected Sir,

Thanks for the consideration. Checked the new Indicator.

Please Note : I tried with same parameters in these Indicators. The idea was to have these parameters to experiment / tweak.

But it turned out to be diff & the Signals are getting delayed in some instances.

Is output diff because of : Mid Price : heiken ashi close : which was present in Original Indicator is missing.
Or
Is this because of some of the newly added option.

Sir, if possible : Please Retain the Original Indicator and add these options in such a way that the Original Output is not altered unless we change the new options.

Note : Attached is : SuperTrend averages 2.6 : which has these options.

Thanks for your Time, efforts, generosity.
Thanks a Lot.
Understood, I tried but unfortunately don't have the source code for that type of that ST the one I had matched the earlier one you posted in name. Anyway, guess will start from scratch on a version having mid-price since really have no idea how the original indicator was done so not sure will get even close but will try sometime later.
thomdel

mrtools wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 4:52 pm Understood, I tried but unfortunately don't have the source code for that type of that ST the one I had matched the earlier one you posted in name. Anyway, guess will start from scratch on a version having mid-price since really have no idea how the original indicator was done so not sure will get even close but will try sometime later.

Respected Sir,

Attached is the : Super Trend averages histo (mtf + alerts) --- This is histo version with old options & some of the new options.

This one has Use Multiplier : True / False & Multiplier : User Input Value.

Thanks for your efforts, Time, kindness.
Thanks a Lot.

thomdel wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 5:00 pm Respected Sir,

Attached is the : Super Trend averages histo (mtf + alerts) --- This is histo version with old options & some of the new options.

This one has Use Multiplier : True / False & Multiplier : User Input Value.

Thanks for your efforts, Time, kindness.
Thanks a Lot.
Contacted the original coder and if I can get the code from him will post an updated version. Main thing not sure exactly how he did the adapting.
thomdel

mrtools wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 12:38 pm Contacted the original coder and if I can get the code from him will post an updated version. Main thing not sure exactly how he did the adapting.

This Post is for your Ref only. In case if you find mq4 file in coming days & May be some of the options can be added.

Respected Sir,

1) Attachment :
Super Trend averages (mtf + alerts + candles) --- Options Menu - Pic Simplicity : as earlier posts are fragmented

2) Attachment :
Chart Template - Pic & Chart Template TPL file
I tried 2 Indicators in TPL : results are same on chart & histo.
There is a possibility that may be : Super Trend averages (mtf + alerts + candles) : uses ATR multiplier value 1.0 hardcoded
&
There is a possibility that may be : Super Trend averages histo (mtf + alerts ) : uses mid price close hardcoded

3) SuperTrend (experiment) 1.3 ---- for ref only --- uses mid price value

4) Please Note : !SuperTrend - cci (mtf + arrows + alerts + candles) --- Indicator made by you --- has option for : ATR multiplier True / False option

Thanks for your Time, Generosity, Efforts.
Thanks. Thanks. Thanks.

thomdel wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 10:31 pm This Post is for your Ref only. In case if you find mq4 file in coming days & May be some of the options can be added.

Respected Sir,

1) Attachment :
Super Trend averages (mtf + alerts + candles) --- Options Menu - Pic Simplicity : as earlier posts are fragmented

2) Attachment :
Chart Template - Pic & Chart Template TPL file
I tried 2 Indicators in TPL : results are same on chart & histo.
There is a possibility that may be : Super Trend averages (mtf + alerts + candles) : uses ATR multiplier value 1.0 hardcoded
&
There is a possibility that may be : Super Trend averages histo (mtf + alerts ) : uses mid price close hardcoded

3) SuperTrend (experiment) 1.3 ---- for ref only --- uses mid price value

4) Please Note : !SuperTrend - cci (mtf + arrows + alerts + candles) --- Indicator made by you --- has option for : ATR multiplier True / False option

Thanks for your Time, Generosity, Efforts.
Thanks. Thanks. Thanks.

Think this is closer to what you're looking for. Has 76 moving average types and with the double smoothing you can double that for a lot of testing.
These users thanked the author mrtools for the post (total 4):
Chickenspicy, thomdel, RodrigoRT7, Akela