Re: RSI Indicators for MT4

BeatlemaniaSA wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 10:57 pm Dear @mrtools,

Would it be possible to amend /update the alerts for the FreeRSI indicator below?

Currently, it is set to alert when the indicator crosses either the 68 or 32 levels. However, I would love for you to amend it so that it alerts when the RSI line crosses the moving averages (I think that is what the green and red lines are). As per the screenshot.

It is one new component of my trading strategy that I would like to incorporate. Using these crosses as potential entry and exit points in combination with one other component of my system ;).

Possibly, as well, you could remove the divergence code from the indicator to make it lighter and faster. To be honest, it is not really required as the best indicator(s) to use to spot divergence are your own eye (indicators :D)

Warmest regards,
BeatlemaniaSA

! freeRSI + averages (alerts + divergence + btn).ex4

P.S I have the source code of the version before any updates were done but I don't think it is necessary to attach it here.
For some reason didn't have that code anymore, but found a similar version and added those alerts and removed divergence. Can you please when you get a chance verify if it's the same. Thanks!
These users thanked the author mrtools for the post:
Jedidiah

mrtools wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 1:44 am For some reason didn't have that code anymore, but found a similar version and added those alerts and removed divergence. Can you please when you get a chance verify if it's the same. Thanks!
Hi mrtools,

Thanks for this. The alerts are working when the RSI crosses either above or below the ma's. :thumbup:

As you can see from the screenshots below the version I posted for amendments is a little bit smoother and the last version "hugs" the price much more. Not a bad thing though ;) They both have the same settings. Is there an option to smooth the price a bit more in the second version or is the sharpness of the movements as a result of you coding the slope change colouring?

Thanks for the great work :clap: :problem:

Here is the source code as well for the first version :)

Warmest regards,
BeatlemaniaSA

These users thanked the author BeatlemaniaSA for the post:
Banzai
BEATS V5 - "Enjoy The Quiet Between Trades”

Improve Your Trading Psychology - NO FEAR, NO DOUBT

BeatlemaniaSA wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 10:31 am Hi mrtools,

Thanks for this. The alerts are working when the RSI crosses either above or below the ma's. :thumbup:

As you can see from the screenshots below the version I posted for amendments is a little bit smoother and the last version "hugs" the price much more. Not a bad thing though ;) They both have the same settings. Is there an option to smooth the price a bit more in the second version or is the sharpness of the movements as a result of you coding the slope change colouring?

Thanks for the great work :clap: :problem:

Here is the source code as well for the first version :)

Warmest regards,
BeatlemaniaSA

freeRSI BT.mq4
This is what i get, but on the one I posted changed it to weighted price like the version you posted and of course nulled out the envelope.
Attachments
These users thanked the author mrtools for the post (total 2):
BeatlemaniaSA, Philanthropy

CodeRe: RSI Indicators for MT4

Cross of 5x RSI indicator set: Subwindow + Candlestick Overlay & "Neutral" Candlestick highlight

I dont find original post with request, bur here is requested cross of 5x RSI.
Make onchart and subwindow version. Possible rsi smoothing and choose rsi types....

PS: For the 5x MA Cross indicator, please see: 5x MA Cross for MT4.
These users thanked the author kvak for the post (total 15):
Chickenspicy, yoki, Woodyz, sylvester21, vvFish, nbibu, Krunal Gajjar, Jimmy, dmnik, RplusT, RedEye, Philanthropy, maroka, ParallelNative, fxmoney

Lightningstorm7 wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 12:56 am Hello MrTools, if you still have this indicator file to modify; can you please add a header to this? When it is in a Downtrend a text at the right lower chart showing "downtrend" and when it is in a Uptrend a text stating "uptrend" is shown as well..

P.s. is it possible to add the rsi value to the header as well?
!!trendRsi (mtf + alerts).ex4

Kind Regards
Another don't have that code anymore but coded a new version and posted it somewhere, posting it here in case you want to try it
These users thanked the author mrtools for the post (total 4):
kvak, Jimmy, josi, Lightningstorm7