Re: X-Gen Trend Trading System

Dear all,

For those who downloaded RedEye XGen template before, I have a new version of MACD_MTF indi (version 1.1). It has options on changing colors on signal cross OR on zero level cross OR on slope change. For our setup, we are currently using color change on signal cross. You can download this new version, attach it to subwindow 1 as current setup and replace (delete) the previous version 1.0 and save the template. I also attach .set file for this new version if you want it.

Regards,
RedEye
These users thanked the author RedEye for the post (total 7):
BeatlemaniaSA, thomdel, traderduke, varon, TradeXtra, eduarescobar, VespaTrader

TDI CB SSA

me100rabh wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 5:15 pm BeatlemaniaSA, Does this Indicator Repaint? What is your experience with it? This looks really good.
Refer to this post... viewtopic.php?p=1295518346#p1295518346

Minor recalculation which I do not mind ;) For me, it works exactly how I want it to work for my trading strategy.
These users thanked the author BeatlemaniaSA for the post (total 2):
me100rabh, kenshin281180#
BEATS V5 - "Enjoy The Quiet Between Trades”

Improve Your Trading Psychology - NO FEAR, NO DOUBT

SadRe: X-Gen Trend Trading System

RedEye wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 3:17 pm Dear all,

For those who downloaded RedEye XGen template before, I have a new version of MACD_MTF indi (version 1.1). It has options on changing colors on signal cross OR on zero level cross OR on slope change. For our setup, we are currently using color change on signal cross. You can download this new version, attach it to subwindow 1 as current setup and replace (delete) the previous version 1.0 and save the template. I also attach .set file for this new version if you want it.

Regards,
RedEye
Guys, please be aware that MACD_MTF indi (version 1.1) gave a wrong 0 level crossing signal when we use it to show other timeframe than current. My mistake, and I am so sorry :cry: . I didn't realize it because I only use it on current timeframe (which shows signal correctly) and I didn't check the signal for other timeframe.

I have fixed the error and here is a fixed version (MACD_MTF_v1.2)

-RedEye-
These users thanked the author RedEye for the post (total 5):
commodus, eduarescobar, Jimmy, dio889, VespaTrader

Improving X-Gen Trend Trading System

Hi Beatle and all friends,

Beatle has started this thread with a good system, perhaps we could contribute further on how to improve Beatle's XGen system that we have right now. Maybe we could share ideas and thoughts on
1. Trading strategies that are suitable with XGen, how to lower the risks and maximize profits. It will be great if we could together try finding a definitive method/conditions for entry, exit, setting SL/TP.
2. Which indicators that are essential, which are supporting or is there any other indicators that we should look at
3. Backtesting/forward testing results

What do you think?

-RedEye-
These users thanked the author RedEye for the post (total 3):
BeatlemaniaSA, Forexlearner, TradeXtra

Re: Improving X-Gen Trend Trading System

RedEye wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2023 4:55 pm Hi, Beatle and friends,

Beatle has started this thread with a good system, perhaps we could contribute further on how to improve Beatle's XGen system that we have right now. Maybe we could share ideas and thoughts on
1. Trading strategies that are suitable with XGen, how to lower the risks and maximize profits. It will be great if we could together try finding a definitive method/conditions for entry, exit, and setting SL/TP.
2. Which indicators are essential, which are supporting or are there any other indicators that we should look at
3. Backtesting/forward testing results

What do you think?

-RedEye-
I wholeheartedly agree. I have provided the framework and members and guests should experiment with designing their own trading setup. Everyone sees the market slightly differently and that can only be beneficial to everyone.

However, most visitors prefer to be lurkers (takers) rather than contributors (sharers) so we'll have to see how far this request goes ;)
BEATS V5 - "Enjoy The Quiet Between Trades”

Improve Your Trading Psychology - NO FEAR, NO DOUBT