Re: Something interesting please post here (Metatrader)

TransparentTrader wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 12:13 am What are the 3 indicators in this picture and their settings?

EDIT: This is what happens when you write on forums before you've had your first cup of coffee for the day. Didn't even read the two posts before it. Ignore my mistake.
Uuups, then it was my mistake too as I assumed it was a sarcastic comment....which it should have been.

Actually I was about to write: "Can you please post the indicators and a template"..... :Rofl: ...when I saw your comment.
I mean, MAs and BBs have been around since the last ice age together with a thousand "trading systems" and thus don't need pages of explanations as if that "system" was just invented yesterday . It's like re-inventing the wheel.
Besides, except the 200 MA there is nothing useful on the chart. But if someone wants to waste his time, be my guest!
These users thanked the author RplusT for the post:
TransparentTrader

RplusT wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 3:27 pm Uuups, then it was my mistake too as I assumed it was a sarcastic comment....which it should have been.

Actually I was about to write: "Can you please post the indicators and a template"..... :Rofl: ...when I saw your comment.
I mean, MAs and BBs have been around since the last ice age together with a thousand "trading systems" and thus don't need pages of explanations as if that "system" was just invented yesterday . It's like re-inventing the wheel.
Besides, except the 200 MA there is nothing useful on the chart. But if someone wants to waste his time, be my guest!
Thanks. There is something for you too. I see you are trading with trend lines, so here you have good confirmation tool to see if breakout is real or not.
viewtopic.php?p=1295517490#p1295517490

I do play chess against computer almost every day, and I really admire that it can beat me every time. It is much much more clever than I am, and that is not even AI.
Those "wasting time"-pages is from AI. If you did not know that.

ROI wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 4:55 pm Thanks. There is something for you too. I see you are trading with trend lines, so here you have good confirmation tool to see if breakout is real or not.
viewtopic.php?p=1295517490#p1295517490

I do play chess against computer almost every day, and I really admire that it can beat me every time. It is much much more clever than I am, and that is not even AI.
Those "wasting time"-pages is from AI. If you did not know that.
Well, thank you for your effort. But for the past six years i have bee using only trendlines and levels, which give me sufficient feedback. I don't use any indicators. Those are rather a distraction not a benefit. When PA moves up they go up and vice versa. So what's the point!? Do I really need a confirmation of what I can see on the chart anyway?
As for the AD it's the same. I'm sure Williams had his good reason to come up with this idea. But as you can see on the attached chart, it simply copies PA. Thus again, what's the point using it.
Don't get me wrong. It's not arrogance but the final lesson I have learned from my journey of a thousand indicators.

ROI wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 6:34 pm Maybe better in M5 (US30). As you can see, it tells before, that it is going to break trend line. It is a leading indicator.

Well, as you keep trying to convince me.
In hindsight yes. But if you want to tell me the indicator knows that PA is going to break the trendline...... :D
We don't know what PA will do next. And guessing is not on my mind. I would never trade against a trendline. But if it happens that PA does break it on the M5 (or another TF) I will have a confirmation on the M1 already. You get my point?
Besides, I can post a ton of Indicators doing what you are trying to suggest.

These users thanked the author RplusT for the post:
ROI