Re: RSI Indicators for MT4

Lightningstorm7 wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2023 1:54 am Hi Kvak, Can you possibly add a header to this indicator that turns green when the Rsi is above the signal line and red when the rsi is below it please?

Kind RegardsSynthetic RSI.mq4
Hello, I little enhanced this file. Added Rsi type and averages type for calcution.
These users thanked the author kvak for the post (total 2):
Lightningstorm7, RodrigoRT7

kvak wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2023 7:48 am Hello, I little enhanced this file. Added Rsi type and averages type for calcution.

Good Day Kvak, can you please add a header to the original synthetic rsi? I am noticing a little bit of a difference maybe because of the added averages and calculations. overall it is a wonderful modification i just need a simpler mod it is easier to read and follow please..

Regards

mrtools wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2023 5:09 am Mladen Rakic:

Theory:

This indicator is constructing RSI candles from RSI of open, high, low and close. Those same values are then used to calculate the ATR (Average True Range) of such RSI values (instead of using high, low and close, the indicator is using RSI high, RSI low and RSI close for "ATR" calculation) and then that value is used to display a Keltner channel of such RSI candles (average price used for Keltner middle value is the average of RSI high, low, open and close).

Usage:

You can use the breaks of the "Keltner channel" as an indicator of short term volatility / momentum estimate (since RSI itself is from the family of momentum indicators).

This is the mt4 version.
Hey mrtools! You can add arrows with settings for channel breakouts. Thank you!
Who knows others is wise
Who knows himself is enlightened

Lightningstorm7 wrote: Sun Jul 02, 2023 10:07 am Good Day Kvak, can you please add a header to the original synthetic rsi? I am noticing a little bit of a difference maybe because of the added averages and calculations. overall it is a wonderful modification i just need a simpler mod it is easier to read and follow please..

Regards

Synthetic RSI(1).mq4
Little bit of difference? Where? If you use different average, rsi for calculation, yes, but if you have same imputs, it is same....

kvak wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2023 5:04 am Little bit of difference? Where? If you use different average, rsi for calculation, yes, but if you have same imputs, it is same....
My apologies Kvak, seems my brain was having a little System of a Down moment, by the time I realized that i couldn’t delete my post… Thank you for helping with this request

Kind regards