SadRe: RSI Indicators for MT4

PIPin Tom wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 9:44 pm Just in case the "set file" you mentioned is my template and indicators, I can also share it, but warn you it´s still in need of downsizing.
Been having pretty good results though.
Just realized you are in my antipodes...so... Good Night ;)
Would be great if you could upload them and the template (if you want ofc), searching one by one here would be a little bit tedious.

Re: RSI Indicators for MT4

PIPin Tom wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 11:56 pm No problem!
Short on time right now but will get to it still today :thumbup:
Hello, I´m back, as promised.
I compiled the Indis+template of my most interesting and promising venture. Slightly different from the one I posted before Don´t take it as a "Holy Grail" especially because I was never on the cast of Monty Python. It´s just a modest contribution for the community to juggle ideas.
When I have something more solid I will share again, but under another board, not the RSI because it´s straying off the theme
Have fun
These users thanked the author PIPin Tom for the post (total 7):
Chickenspicy, kvak, ffsss, 88FX88, fxmoney, RodrigoRT7, Banzai

Just a quick explanation:

Windows 1 and 2 are basically "done". I use windows 3 to try the different interesting indis. Not settled on the final bunch yet.
Just use the buttons and try them one at a time
I would also like to point out that our GURU Kvak just released a brilliant version of an indicator I was waiting to add to my template.
Please give it a go. It gives a fresh view on volatility.
These users thanked the author PIPin Tom for the post:
kvak

Mladen Rakic:

Theory:

This indicator is constructing RSI candles from RSI of open, high, low and close. Those same values are then used to calculate the ATR (Average True Range) of such RSI values (instead of using high, low and close, the indicator is using RSI high, RSI low and RSI close for "ATR" calculation) and then that value is used to display a Keltner channel of such RSI candles (average price used for Keltner middle value is the average of RSI high, low, open and close).

Usage:

You can use the breaks of the "Keltner channel" as an indicator of short term volatility / momentum estimate (since RSI itself is from the family of momentum indicators).

This is the mt4 version.
These users thanked the author mrtools for the post (total 8):
Jedidiah, TransparentTrader, kvak, RodrigoRT7, Ricstar_8, Krunal Gajjar, sal, dmnik