Re: Trend Indicators for MT4

RplusT wrote:Thu Dec 09, 2021 7:29 pm The SMMA seems to work very well too. Managed to put it on the chart right before the opening of the DE40....Boosts confidence. Nice trades.
Thank you mrtools!!! :thumbup:
that looks gud with the bands........... u using standard bollinger bands & settings rite??? :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Official Forex-station GIF animator at your service 👨‍⚖️
See a GIF with Forex-station.com on it? I probably made it
The best divergence indicator in the world.
Real news exists: Infowars.com 👈

RplusT wrote:Thu Dec 09, 2021 7:29 pm The SMMA seems to work very well too. Managed to put it on the chart right before the opening of the DE40....Boosts confidence. Nice trades.
Thank you mrtools!!! :thumbup:
thanks for the picture. I just checked with awesome osc...signals are pretty much the same. I´ll see if I can find any tweeks
Attachments

Going one step further, if you put on an MA MTF with the same settings (14 shift 2) and "First higher TF" and another one with "Second higher TF" you can follow higher TFS on the lower TF chart. Here the example chart is a 1m chart where you can easily follow the 14 MA cross on the 5m and 15m chart. If you trade the 1H chart it would show the 4H and D1 too. Hard to go wrong with that. It's not rocket science, just keeping it simply and convenient. Actually there is no need for a subwindow.
Maybe this helps less experienced traders not to lose sight of the bigger picture. Have fun.

Here's a TPL for convenience

josi wrote:Fri Dec 10, 2021 8:13 pm Great: let's call it the "Xard-approach"
Different indies, same structure...
No need for calling it anything. Everyone is free to use it or ignore it. Also no need for me to copy anyone as I myself trade mostly without Indicators but just a few trendlines. But I'm aware there are many struggling with entries, exits and above all direction.
Besides, structure is dictated by Price action not indicators. Thus, every approach in the end got to look similar.