Re: MT5 Ehler's indicators

mrtools wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2023 11:33 am From Mladen Rakic:

Theory:

Ehlers' Fisher transform has a long history of being plain wrongly coded (as the famous "solar wind") or wrongly coded because of misinformation. Some fault is the fault of coders (like the "solar wind" case). But some is caused by John Ehlers himself. In his book he introduces one formula at page 7 when showing TS code, and only one page later, when showing EFS code, the formula is changed. The difference is that in the EFS formula he sets the initial highest high and lowest low values to high and low of the current bar and then he checks if the prices exceed those initial values, while in TS code that initial value assignment does not exist at all. The difference might not seem big, but it exists and the final result is different (sometimes significantly).

This version:

Allows you to chose between the two modes : mode without the high/lows of current bars included (default) and mode with those prices included.

Usage:

You can use the color change for signals.

Added mtf and color change alerts. Verified the alerts but the mtf needs to be verified once the market opens, unless your broker has crypto.
These users thanked the author mrtools for the post (total 4):
RodrigoRT7, Krunal Gajjar, kenshin281180#, Sutatong

Re: MT5 Ehler's indicators

Thanks again MrTools. It's almost perfect. Is there any way to get smoothing added to the mt5 version as it is in the mt4 version. I like the way it shows the entry with the settings in the pic I've attached. The chart is 5mins and the middle ehlers is set to 15 and the bottom is set to 5min. Please let me know if I need to repost the mt4 source file. Thank you in advance.
Attachments