Re: Hobby corner

ROI wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2023 10:56 pm So, TDI SSA recalculates by nature, but that is used only as early sign, that " possible direction change ahead".
Nice thread dude especially with the indicators posted as notes and yes even if TDI SSA recalculates you can still use it on the 4H, Daily and Weekly no problems :clap:
These users thanked the author ChuChu Rocket for the post:
Chickenspicy
Important: The worst forex brokers of all time 👎

Some posts are missing because of that virus and work with that by staff , and I am too lazy to write again, but I guess nobody cares. So, vamos.

Added BB 48-2 for price and A/D. Shows divergence nicely. Price outside BB and A/D above middle BB.
And took another 50 pips today with that. Actually I have had this setup maybe 10 years ago (price and A/D with BB), I saw that difference back then, but I never understood what that means.

ROI wrote: Sat Jul 01, 2023 5:48 am Adding Hawkeye volume for next week. Adding extra confidence and seems to be very good signal when with the (A/D) trend and same level red-green.

! hawkeye - volume indicator (mtf + alerts + arrows).mq4
Hello ROI,
Nice setup, Following your idea and test in on the market,
but for this "The (A/D) Trend and same Level Red - Green"
can you please explain it more about this?
Thank you.
These users thanked the author shinnosuke for the post:
Jonex1995

Sorry, I just now saw that. It is Accumulation/Distribution, not RSI.
And why not buy you did ask, you could buy, but after price has had a bigger move all ready, where you could take 50-60 pips, then it is more risk in that buy, I don`t do that.

Getting info for studies: ChatGPT

Is Accumulation/Distribution Line a leading indicator?

The Accumulation/Distribution Line (ADL) is typically considered a leading indicator. It is used to assess the flow of volume into or out of a security and can provide insights into potential changes in the underlying trend before they are reflected in the price action.

The ADL takes into account both price and volume data to calculate its values. It assigns greater weight to periods where the price closes near the high (indicating accumulation or buying pressure) and lower weight to periods where the price closes near the low (indicating distribution or selling pressure). By summing up these values over a specified period, the ADL creates a cumulative indicator that helps identify the overall money flow into or out of a security.

Traders use the ADL to look for divergences or confirmations with the price action. For example, if the price is making higher highs while the ADL is making lower highs, it could signal a potential trend reversal or weakness in the buying pressure. Conversely, if the price is making lower lows while the ADL is making higher lows, it could indicate a potential trend reversal or strength in the buying pressure.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

What would be best confirmation indicator to Accumulation/Distribution Line?

When using the Accumulation/Distribution Line (ADL) as an indicator, there are several confirmation indicators that traders often consider to strengthen their analysis. The choice of a confirmation indicator may depend on individual trading preferences and the specific trading strategy employed. Here are a few commonly used confirmation indicators:

Price Patterns: Traders often look for price patterns that align with the signals provided by the ADL. For example, if the ADL is showing bullish divergence, indicating accumulation, traders may seek confirmation from bullish reversal patterns such as double bottoms or bullish engulfing patterns. Conversely, bearish reversal patterns can provide confirmation for bearish divergence shown by the ADL.

Moving Averages: Applying moving averages to the price chart can serve as a confirmation tool. Traders may use a shorter-term moving average (e.g., 20-period) and a longer-term moving average (e.g., 50-period or 200-period). When the price crosses above or below the moving averages in alignment with the ADL's signals, it can provide additional confirmation of a potential trend reversal or continuation.

Oscillators: Oscillators like the Relative Strength Index (RSI) or the Stochastic Oscillator can be used alongside the ADL to confirm potential overbought or oversold conditions. If the ADL indicates buying or selling pressure and the oscillator reaches extreme levels (e.g., above 70 or below 30), it can provide additional confirmation of a potential reversal or continuation.

Volume-Based Indicators: Since the ADL is a volume-based indicator, other volume indicators can be used to confirm its signals. For example, the Volume Moving Average or the Volume Rate of Change (VROC) can be used in conjunction with the ADL to identify trends or divergences in volume that align with the ADL's indications.

Trendlines: Drawing trendlines on the price chart can help confirm the ADL's signals. If the ADL indicates accumulation or distribution, and the price is breaking through a trendline or exhibiting a change in trend direction, it can provide additional confirmation of the potential trend reversal or continuation.