Re: Convert MT4 indicators to MT5

mrtools wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 2:03 am Posted a version to test here
Good Day family
Greetings to you Mr Tools and other Coders
Firstly i would like to thank all of you for the help that ua giving us Traders
I have this 88_Filter indicator here as an mql4 file
Would the teacher help convert it to mql5 (mt5) file please when he's less busy, and also add alerts when the volume bars passes that line in window 1(check attached pic)

I tried to convert it but i failed, I don't know what I'm doing wrong
I opened Meta Editor in my mt5
I pressed file on top left corner, i pressed open and i navigate to the 88 filter indicator mql4
It opened nicely, then I pressed "save as" and changed the saving settings to "mql5"

The indicator was exported nicely
But here is the issue
The exported indicator is not appearing in the navigation list together with other indicators in the Data Folder>MQL5>Indicators

If the teacher is less busy, please help
It might benefit the community
Seems like a good indicator

rowlence wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 9:26 pm Good Day family
Greetings to you Mr Tools and other Coders
Firstly i would like to thank all of you for the help that ua giving us Traders
I have this 88_Filter indicator here as an mql4 file
Would the teacher help convert it to mql5 (mt5) file please when he's less busy, and also add alerts when the volume bars passes that line in window 1(check attached pic)

I tried to convert it but i failed, I don't know what I'm doing wrong
I opened Meta Editor in my mt5
I pressed file on top left corner, i pressed open and i navigate to the 88 filter indicator mql4
It opened nicely, then I pressed "save as" and changed the saving settings to "mql5"

The indicator was exported nicely
But here is the issue
The exported indicator is not appearing in the navigation list together with other indicators in the Data Folder>MQL5>Indicators

If the teacher is less busy, please help
It might benefit the community
Seems like a good indicator
Looks like that indicator repaints, would imagine that needs to be fixed before any conversion.

Dear MrTools,
I spent the entire weekend and today searching for the original Trend Envelopes.mq4 indicator which I would like to have converted to MT5 format please and then I found more than one, some made by Mladen, which I attach here for your kind consideration please.
Would you please be so kind as to make this conversion at your earliest convenience, please?
Looking forward to your favourable approval.
Sincerely,
Hercs.

Hercs78 wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 3:35 am Dear MrTools,
I spent the entire weekend and today searching for the original Trend Envelopes.mq4 indicator which I would like to have converted to MT5 format please and then I found more than one, some made by Mladen, which I attach here for your kind consideration please.
Would you please be so kind as to make this conversion at your earliest convenience, please?
Looking forward to your favourable approval.
Sincerely,
Hercs.
Try here

Hi there, is anyone able to get the MT4 ClickMax indicator working for MT5?

The indicator will MAX / MINIMIZE the chart when double or triple clicking on it. Avoiding the need to go to the top right and manually clicking the tab in the corner.

Seems someone managed to get it working a few years ago. I tried their version that didn't do anything sadly. I suspect MT5 has been updated at some point and broken it.

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/645 ... ow-in-mql5