Re: Combining Indicators

chris006 wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 7:03 am The dashboard works fine and the alerting as well. The hard part is finding a consistently profitable strategy to automate. If you have that, the automation is doable.
I got the indicator combiner but couldnt get the custom indis to take and properly configure. As far as "a consistently profitable strategy to automate", why not just trade the Bollinger Band breakouts?

HappyRe: Combining Indicators

As far as "a consistently profitable strategy to automate", why not just trade the Bollinger Band breakouts?

OK, give me the symbol, timeframe, stop loss and take profit and the bb settings that you consider being consistently profitable and I will share the backtest results.

Itsart3 wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 7:49 am I got the indicator combiner but couldnt get the custom indis to take and properly configure. As far as "a consistently profitable strategy to automate", why not just trade the Bollinger Band breakouts?

chris006 wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 8:03 am As far as "a consistently profitable strategy to automate", why not just trade the Bollinger Band breakouts?

OK, give me the symbol, timeframe, stop loss and take profit and the bb settings that you consider being consistently profitable and I will share the backtest results.
Ha..It was just a hypothetical. But its the strategy im working on right now. Still trying to learn how these custom indis work.

chris006 wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 8:22 am I hope that you do manage to solve the puzzle. Let me know how it goes. Or if you have something specific to test.
Yea. Your BB Histo idea was part of it. There is a popular indicator called the Bollinger Band Squeeze. Took me a while to realize that the breakout is where the real point of interest should be due to the high level of volotility. You seemed to have grasp some understaning of this. I will let you now how it goes...