Re: Coding Help

Hello,

I trying to edit a code to include a expression of the tick difference (uptick - downtick).
Uptick and downtick is defined as

Code: Select all

uptick[i] = iClose(ForSymbol,0,i)>iOpen(ForSymbol,0,i)
downtick[i] = iClose(ForSymbol,0,i)>iOpen(ForSymbol,0,i)
in the same manner how can I write the expression for tickdifference of up and down ticks.

difftick[i] = ?
Maybe its a noob question but my coding skills are very poor. All help much appreciated.
Know Thy Setup. Know Thyself.

Understanding wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2017 5:21 am mladen, where new versions were posted? I downloaded them in those topics where these indicators were posted, i don't know, were newer versions posted in a forum :/ Help with the new versions, please. Or help edit these that i attach here
mntiwana, I ask that in Vidya (fl).mq4, ema variation + filter 3 mtf.mq4, StepMA averages nmc 3.142 + arrows.mq4, Relative volatility index 1.1.mq4 a new price section was added ("enum enPrices" (pr_habclose, // Heiken ashi (better formula) close and more ...) and filter and interpolation type like by ema variation + Filter 3 mtf.mq4
First - "Vidya" upgraded version was posted in "moving Averages" thread,here
viewtopic.php?f=578480&t=8414844
at post # 214
what is your next query ?
Indicator is just a tool.

Use it only if it can benefit you. Leave it if you don't know how to use it optimally.

Understanding wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2017 4:49 pm Thank you. I also have this version. This version is different, namely: it does not have floating levels. If in this 2.0 it would be possible to add floating levels - then about seeing it would be all decided.
That "Vidya fl" is the first and last till now :)
Indicator is just a tool.

Use it only if it can benefit you. Leave it if you don't know how to use it optimally.

shaileshm wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2017 5:33 am Hello,

I trying to edit a code to include a expression of the tick difference (uptick - downtick).
Uptick and downtick is defined as

uptick[i] = iClose(ForSymbol,0,i)>iOpen(ForSymbol,0,i)
downtick[i] = iClose(ForSymbol,0,i)>iOpen(ForSymbol,0,i)
in the same manner how can I write the expression for tickdifference of up and down ticks.

difftick[i] = ?
Maybe its a noob question but my coding skills are very poor. All help much appreciated.
If you are using open and close to determine the direction of the "tick" then the

difftick = iClose(ForSymbol,0,i)>iOpen(ForSymbol,0,i)

pacois wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:11 pm Hello Maladen how can i add these parameters to the iCustom (NULL, 0, IndicatorName, BufferNumber1, i) function of this indicator's parameters, especially the TimeFrame. Thanks.
Try like this

iCustom (NULL, TimeFrame, IndicatorName,AlertsBox,ShowLevelsZero,"",0,MaxBarsCount, BufferNumber1, i)

mladen wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2017 5:40 pm If you are using open and close to determine the direction of the "tick" then the

difftick = iClose(ForSymbol,0,i)>iOpen(ForSymbol,0,i)
thats same as uptick. What I would need is if ticks are in same direction then it gets added and if its in different direction then it is subtracted.
Know Thy Setup. Know Thyself.