Re: Coding Help

DaffyTaffy wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 10:17 pm Hello everyone. I am trying to make an ADR indicator similar to Xard's but for mt5. There are no compilation errors and everything seems to be fine but nothing is showing when loaded on the chart.

"no indicator plot defined for indicator" is the error message.
Found this version, not sure if it will help though.
These users thanked the author mrtools for the post:
DaffyTaffy

Hi everyone, several months ago I wrote in the MT5 indicators session but now I think it's right to write here.

unfortunately after many months of work, my friend was unable to solve the problem that arose again.
I will briefly explain how the EA works: every time the cross up occurs between the SMA 3 and the SMA 15, the EA buys 0.01 and puts a TAKE PROFIT at 10 pips from the purchase price.
if it goes down by 5 pips he buys 0.01 and puts a TAKE PROFIT at 10 pips from the average load price.
If it drops another 5 pips, it buys 0.02 and puts a TAKE PROFIT always at 10 pips from the average load price.
this procedure occurs for a total of 6 entries and therefore in the end I will have 0.32 lots.
When the EA runs on the demo account it is perfect, when it runs on the real account, it does not set the TAKE PROFIT correctly, for example it does not read the price of the third entry

the account was opened at FP Markets and is a hedging account.
obviously the intersection of the averages and the number of pips is fake... I'm interested in whether the EA makes the 6 entries correctly and above all that it puts the right take profit.
thank's in advance

another thing: how do you run the tester in real time?

mrtools wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 7:18 am Found this version, not sure if it will help though.
Hi Mr.Tools. Here's the MT5 version of the ADR indicator.
Am I allowed to share the source code for my MT5 version? I noticed some code in the original file for protecting the name from being changed so I'm unsure.

Regards,
DaffyTaffy

XARD: Yes, by all means... share:-)
These users thanked the author DaffyTaffy for the post (total 2):
mrtools, RodrigoRT7

DaffyTaffy wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 8:53 am Hi Mr.Tools. Here's the MT5 version of the ADR indicator.
Am I allowed to share the source code for my MT5 version? I noticed some code in the original file for protecting the name from being changed so I'm unsure.

Regards,
DaffyTaffy
Probably check with Xard.