Re: Coding Help

kvak wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2023 3:57 am Hello, maybe try look in this topic CLICK
WOW! Thank you kvak for pointing me to that topic. I really was not aware of that topic ever existed in here.. :hug: So happy now. I'm gonna spend this whole coming weekend to read through all those codes! My God, there are so many!

THANKS KVAK!

-RedEye-
These users thanked the author RedEye for the post (total 2):
Jedidiah, kvak

RedEye wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2023 5:18 am WOW! Thank you kvak for pointing me to that topic. I really was not aware of that topic ever existed in here.. :hug: So happy now. I'm gonna spend this whole coming weekend to read through all those codes! My God, there are so many!

THANKS KVAK!

-RedEye-
Forexstation is a great fountain of knowledge.... :)
These users thanked the author kvak for the post (total 2):
RedEye, sal

Dear Mrtoos / Kvak,
Sir,
Here is tick volume indicator. The volume bars changing colors according to candle colors, But I need that volume bars change color if current bar is greater than previous bar its color should be green and if current bar is less than previous bar, color should be Red.
please help me and correct code as mentioned above.
Thank you
Complexity Is The Enemy Of Execution

alpha24 wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 3:17 am Dear Mrtoos / Kvak,
Sir,
Here is tick volume indicator. The volume bars changing colors according to candle colors, But I need that volume bars change color if current bar is greater than previous bar its color should be green and if current bar is less than previous bar, color should be Red.
please help me and correct code as mentioned above.
Thank you
Hi, the default mt4 volume indicator installed should do as you ask (red for lower vol than previous candle, green for higher vol). Some imported custom vol indicators instead use colours that match the candle colour.

All mt4 volumes are tick vol and not real vol. Other platforms might use real vol if linked to an exchange, except for forex which is always tick vol as their is no central exchange from which to derive real vol data.

Ogee wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 3:48 pm Hi, the default mt4 volume indicator installed should do as you ask (red for lower vol than previous candle, green for higher vol). Some imported custom vol indicators instead use colours that match the candle colour.

All mt4 volumes are tick vol and not real vol. Other platforms might use real vol if linked to an exchange, except for forex which is always tick vol as their is no central exchange from which to derive real vol data.

Hi,
Thank you for your valuable advice. My problem about volume is different. please see the attached image.
Attachments

alpha24 wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 5:45 pm Hi,
Thank you for your valuable advice. My problem about volume is different. please see the attached image.
what type of chart are you using? you've clipped off the chart info so no one can see but it looks to be a non time based offline chart of some kind.

Ogee wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 6:45 pm what type of chart are you using? you've clipped off the chart info so no one can see but it looks to be a non time based offline chart of some kind.
i think he needs to use the code to some other indicator, the attached indicator is quite different than screen shot.
These users thanked the author sal for the post:
Ogee
"There is NO GOD higher than TRUTH" - Mahatma Gandhi

sal wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 8:02 pm i think he needs to use the code to some other indicator, the attached indicator is quite different than screen shot.
Sal Sir,
I am trading in nifty and banknifty index in Indian market. in index chart there is no real volumes and mt4 providing tick volumes. the Tick volume indicator I don't know how it looks different than MT4 inbuilt volume indicator. here is complete screen shot of Nifty50 Index.

there is difference in both code.
Attachments

alpha24 wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 2:12 am Sal Sir,
I am trading in nifty and banknifty index in Indian market. in index chart there is no real volumes and mt4 providing tick volumes. the Tick volume indicator I don't know how it looks different than MT4 inbuilt volume indicator. here is complete screen shot of Nifty50 Index.

there is difference in both code.
There must be a problem either with your default vol indicator or with your broker feed, it's impossible that every bar has the same vol number. Also, as Sal said, the buyer/seller vol indicator not the same as your pic when applied to charts (see below).

Just for info, real vol is the actual number of lots/stocks exchanged whereas tic vol is just the number of contracts exchanged, so tic vol does not differentiate between large or small lot sized contracts though research has shown that there is correlation between real and tic data.

Volumes.mq4 |Copyright © 2005, MetaQuotes Software Corp. below.

These users thanked the author Ogee for the post:
sal

Dear Ogee,
Same problem with your given indicator. I am comfortable with Tick Volume Indicator I just want that color change if current bar is greater than previous bar should show green and vice versa. If our Masters make this code as I wish will be great.