YO Forex Reverse Engineered

I reverse engineered the YoForexPro_fix EA (which is sold for $1K)
maybe you'll find a good set file
also it backtests much faster

I think it is close enough to the original, but if you find something strange let me know and i'll fix it

and here is the explanation for all the parameters (I added some parameters that were not in the original EA)

Code: Select all

invEntry : the EA uses the MA to enter. The logic will be inverted if this boolean is set to true

step : the step of the grid (in points)
TPProfit : the TP (in points)
restartMulAdd : the EA uses the biggest profit to close the biggest loss. This parameter sets how many multipliers it needs to roll back after such a close
for example the EA opened 0.01 then 0.02 then 0.03. It uses 0.03 profit to close 0.01 (which is in loss since the beginning). If restartMulAdd is set to 1, it will set next lot to 0.01 instead of continuying with 0.04

numMartiStart : this integer determines the number of trades before multiplying the lot size. For example, with a multilpier of 2.0, if you set to 3, lots will be :
0.01, 0.01, 0.01, THEN 0.02, 0.04, etc

mul = marti multiplier
pow_ = power of the lot
add = add of the lot (ex : if set to 1 then lots will be : 0.01, 0.02, 0.03, 0.04, etc)
mulMax = if the multiplier is above this number, the multiplier will stay at this number and not increase anymore (ex : if param set to 3 : 0.01, 0.02, 0.03, 0.03, 0.03, 0.03, etc)
numMaxMulCloseAll = if the multiplier is above this number, all trades will be closed
disclaimer : even if this EA is less dangerous than a normal marti, it is still very dangerous so use at your own risk
These users thanked the author ionone for the post (total 6):
Jimmy, eduarescobar, chris006, mate, TECHHDATE07, Mickey Abi

Re: YO Forex Reverse Engineered

ionone wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 8:36 pm I reverse engineered the YoForexPro_fix EA (which is sold for $1K)
maybe you'll find a good set file
also it backtests much faster

I think it is close enough to the original, but if you find something strange let me know and i'll fix it

screenshot.524.jpg
screenshot.525.jpg
Tested this EA. In contrary to what the original author/maker of the EA said. It uses martingale, so could blow the account.

here are a few tips if you wanna use martingales successfully :

First use a big step size. If you have a trend of 1400 points for example and you used a step of 200, that's 7 steps of martingale (or multiplier of 11x)
meanwhile if you used a step of 700 point that's only 2 steps or a multiplier of 1.5x
that's a huge difference
I would even lower the TP hit a little bit and augment the multiplier a little bit while augmenting the step a lot. That way you would profit from smallet retracements to end up in profit or to close losses

Second tip I would never use martingales on trending pairs.
trending pairs are mostly JPY pairs.
mean reverting pairs are CHF and NZD (except NZDJPY)
because the strategy of this EA is inherently mean reverting, matching the algorithm to mean reverting pairs means you will more likely never end up in a big trend that will crash the account

I hope I was usefull

Jeff
These users thanked the author ionone for the post (total 2):
ixion700, TECHHDATE07

New Version "1.3"

now you can use a dynamic step size : you can select an inital value, then multiply and/or add a value
this way you can start with a small value, then raise the step size little by little to prevent opening a lot of successive orders in a hugh trend.
if a trend happens, then the step size will be higher and higher preventing opening too big multiplying orders
These users thanked the author ionone for the post (total 4):
TECHHDATE07, RodrigoRT7, eduarescobar, Mickey Abi