Re: VQ - Volatility Quality Indicators MT4

josi wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 9:48 pm Just a question:
if you have to "confirm the semafor" (because it can repaint) by using some other indicator (that doesn't), couldn't you leave out the semafore and only use the signal of the second ("confirming") indicator (as this seems to give the trading signal)?
It's the combination that piqued my interest. The arrows alone will have you going back and forth all day, so they need something to give you direction. In this case, that something is Xard's semafors (displayed as the sema123 triangle indicator). I think this indicator would fit nicely with just about any system.

Re: VQ - Volatility Quality Indicators MT4

DaveTrader wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 10:07 pm It's the combination that piqued my interest. The arrows alone will have you going back and forth all day, so they need something to give you direction. In this case, that something is Xard's semafors (displayed as the sema123 triangle indicator). I think this indicator would fit nicely with just about any system.
And something simple and non-repainting like a trendline/MA (or HH-HL vs LL-LH) wouldn't do the trick for bias?